Estimation with left-truncated and right censored data: A comparison study
Estimation based on the left-truncated and right randomly censored data arising from a general family of distributions is considered. In the special case, when the random variables satisfy a proportional hazard model, the maximum likelihood estimators (MLEs) as well as the uniformly minimum variance unbiased estimators (UMVUEs) of the unknown parameters are obtained. Explicit expressions for the MLEs are obtained when the random variables follow an exponential distribution. In the latter case, three different estimators for the parameter of interest are proposed. These estimators are compared using the criteria of mean squared error (MSE) and Pitman measure of closeness (PMC). It is shown that shrinking does not always yield a better estimator.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiung-Yu Huang & Jing Qin, 2011. "Nonparametric estimation for length-biased and right-censored data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 98(1), pages 177-186.
- Xiaodong Luo & Wei Yann Tsai, 2009. "Nonparametric estimation for right-censored length-biased data: a pseudo-partial likelihood approach," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(4), pages 873-886.
- Hwang, Yi-Ting & Wang, Chun-chao, 2008. "A goodness of fit test for left-truncated and right-censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(15), pages 2420-2425, October.
- Shen, Pao-sheng, 2009. "Hazards regression for length-biased and right-censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 457-465, February.
- Nandi, Swagata & Dewan, Isha, 2010. "An EM algorithm for estimating the parameters of bivariate Weibull distribution under random censoring," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 1559-1569, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:7:p:1391-1400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.