On weak dependence conditions: The case of discrete valued processes
We investigate the relationship between weak dependence and mixing for discrete valued processes. We show that weak dependence implies mixing conditions under natural assumptions. The results specialize to the case of Markov processes. Several examples of integer valued processes are discussed and their weak dependence properties are investigated by means of a contraction principle. In fact, we show the stronger result that the mixing coefficients for infinite memory weakly dependent models decay geometrically fast. Hence, all integer values models that we consider have weak dependence coefficients which decay geometrically fast.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Doukhan, Paul & Louhichi, Sana, 1999. "A new weak dependence condition and applications to moment inequalities," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 313-342, December.
- Doukhan, Paul & Fokianos, Konstantinos & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2012. "On weak dependence conditions for Poisson autoregressions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(5), pages 942-948.
- Doukhan, Paul & Wintenberger, Olivier, 2008. "Weakly dependent chains with infinite memory," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(11), pages 1997-2013, November.
- M. Kachour & L. Truquet, 2011. "A p‐Order signed integer‐valued autoregressive (SINAR(p)) model," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 223-236, 05.
- Dedecker, Jérôme & Doukhan, Paul, 2003. "A new covariance inequality and applications," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 63-80, July.
- Drost, F.C. & van den Akker, R. & Werker, B.J.M., 2008. "Note on integer-valued bilinear time series models," Other publications TiSEM aaf4f3fe-f141-4784-89b5-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Haitao Zheng & Ishwar V. Basawa & Somnath Datta, 2006. "Inference for pth-order random coefficient integer-valued autoregressive processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 411-440, 05.
- Fokianos, Konstantinos & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2011. "Log-linear Poisson autoregression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 563-578, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:11:p:1941-1948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.