An efficient marginal integration estimator of a semiparametric additive modelling
In this paper we introduce estimators for the nonparametric and the finite dimensional components of a partially additive model. In a first step the parametric part is estimated through an instrumental variable method. Then the nonparametric additive components are estimated by inserting the preliminary marginal integration estimator in a one step backfitting algorithm. The resulting estimators are efficient in the sense that it has the same asymptotic bias and variance as if the parametric and the other nonparametric components were known.
Volume (Year): 69 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Li, Qi, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Additive Partially Linear Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1073-92, November.
- Schick, Anton, 1996. "Root-n-consistent and efficient estimation in semiparametric additive regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 45-51, September.
- Donald, Stephen G. & Whitney Newey, 1999.
"Choosing the Number of Instruments,"
99-05, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-54, July.
- Oliver Linton, 2000.
"Efficient estimation of generalized additive nonparametric regression models,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
314, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Linton, Oliver B., 2000. "Efficient Estimation Of Generalized Additive Nonparametric Regression Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 502-523, August.
- Newey, W.K., 1989.
"Efficient Instrumental Variables Estimation Of Nonlinear Models,"
341, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Newey, Whitney K, 1990. "Efficient Instrumental Variables Estimation of Nonlinear Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 809-37, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:69:y:2004:i:4:p:451-463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.