Asymptotic results for renewal risk models with risky investments
We consider a renewal jump–diffusion process, more specifically a renewal insurance risk model with investments in a stock whose price is modeled by a geometric Brownian motion. Using Laplace transforms and regular variation theory, we introduce a transparent and unifying analytic method for investigating the asymptotic behavior of ruin probabilities and related quantities, in models with light- or heavy-tailed jumps, whenever the distribution of the time between jumps has rational Laplace transform.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gjessing, Håkon K. & Paulsen, Jostein, 1997. "Present value distributions with applications to ruin theory and stochastic equations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 123-144, October.
- Kostadinova, Radostina, 2007. "Optimal investment for insurers when the stock price follows an exponential Lévy process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 250-263, September.
- Albrecher, Hansjörg & Constantinescu, Corina & Pirsic, Gottlieb & Regensburger, Georg & Rosenkranz, Markus, 2010. "An algebraic operator approach to the analysis of Gerber-Shiu functions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 42-51, February.
- Kalashnikov, Vladimir & Norberg, Ragnar, 2002. "Power tailed ruin probabilities in the presence of risky investments," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 211-228, April.
- Jostein Paulsen, 2008. "Ruin models with investment income," Papers 0806.4125, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- Nyrhinen, Harri, 2001. "Finite and infinite time ruin probabilities in a stochastic economic environment," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 265-285, April.
- Teugels, J. L. & Willmot, G., 1987. "Approximations for stop-loss premiums," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 195-202, July.
- Wang, Guojing & Wu, Rong, 2001. "Distributions for the risk process with a stochastic return on investments," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 329-341, October.
- Hipp, Christian & Plum, Michael, 2000. "Optimal investment for insurers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 215-228, October.
- Tang, Qihe & Wei, Li, 2010. "Asymptotic aspects of the Gerber-Shiu function in the renewal risk model using Wiener-Hopf factorization and convolution equivalence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 19-31, February.
- Tang, Qihe & Tsitsiashvili, Gurami, 2003. "Precise estimates for the ruin probability in finite horizon in a discrete-time model with heavy-tailed insurance and financial risks," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 299-325, December.
- Gaier, Johanna & Grandits, Peter, 2002. "Ruin probabilities in the presence of regularly varying tails and optimal investment," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 211-217, April.
- Yuen, Kam C. & Wang, Guojing & Wu, Rong, 2006. "On the renewal risk process with stochastic interest," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 116(10), pages 1496-1510, October.
- Grandits, Peter, 2004. "A Karamata-type theorem and ruin probabilities for an insurer investing proportionally in the stock market," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 297-305, April.
- Anna Frolova & Serguei Pergamenshchikov & Yuri Kabanov, 2002. "In the insurance business risky investments are dangerous," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 227-235.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:122:y:2012:i:11:p:3767-3789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.