Quantitative Breuer-Major theorems
We consider sequences of random variables of the type , n>=1, where is a d-dimensional Gaussian process and is a measurable function. It is known that, under certain conditions on f and the covariance function r of X, Sn converges in distribution to a normal variable S. In the present paper we derive several explicit upper bounds for quantities of the type , where h is a sufficiently smooth test function. Our methods are based on Malliavin calculus, on interpolation techniques and on the Stein's method for normal approximation. The bounds deduced in our paper depend only on and on simple infinite series involving the components of r. In particular, our results generalize and refine some classic CLTs given by Breuer and Major, Giraitis and Surgailis, and Arcones, concerning the normal approximation of partial sums associated with Gaussian-subordinated time series.
Volume (Year): 121 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- León, José & Ludeña, Carenne, 2007. "Limits for weighted p-variations and likewise functionals of fractional diffusions with drift," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 271-296, March.
- Barndorff-Nielsen, Ole E. & Corcuera, José Manuel & Podolskij, Mark, 2009.
"Power variation for Gaussian processes with stationary increments,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 119(6), pages 1845-1865, June.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & José Manuel Corcuera & Mark Podolskij, 2007. "Power variation for Gaussian processes with stationary increments," CREATES Research Papers 2007-42, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & José Manuel Corcuera & Mark Podolskij & Jeannette H.C. Woerner, 2008. "Bipower variation for Gaussian processes with stationary increments," CREATES Research Papers 2008-21, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Corinne Berzin & José León, 2007. "Estimating the Hurst Parameter," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 49-73, 01.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & José Manuel Corcuera & Mark Podolskij, 2009. "Multipower Variation for Brownian Semistationary Processes," CREATES Research Papers 2009-21, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Breuer, Péter & Major, Péter, 1983. "Central limit theorems for non-linear functionals of Gaussian fields," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 425-441, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:121:y:2011:i:4:p:793-812. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.