Pricing and hedging in the presence of extraneous risks
Given an underlying complete financial market, we study contingent claims whose payoffs may depend on the occurrence of nonmarket events. We first investigate the almost-sure hedging of such claims. In particular, we obtain new representations of the hedging prices and provide necessary and sufficient conditions for a claim to be marketed. The analysis of various examples then leads us to investigate alternative pricing rules. We choose to embed the pricing problem into the agent's portfolio decision and study reservation prices. We establish the existence and consistency of this pricing rule in a semimartingale model. We characterize the nonlinear dependence of the reservation price with respect to both the agent's initial capital and the size of her position. The fair price arises as a limiting case.
Volume (Year): 117 (2007)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Julien Hugonnier & Dmitry Kramkov, 2004. "Optimal investment with random endowments in incomplete markets," Papers math/0405293, arXiv.org.
- Detemple, Jerome B, 1986. " Asset Pricing in a Production Economy with Incomplete Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 383-91, June.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Kramkov, D.O., 1994. "Optional decomposition of supermartingales and hedging contingent claims in incomplete security markets," Discussion Paper Serie B 294, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Amendinger, Jürgen & Imkeller, Peter & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Additional logarithmic utility of an insider," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-286, July.
- Richard Rouge & Nicole El Karoui, 2000. "Pricing Via Utility Maximization and Entropy," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 259-276.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:117:y:2007:i:6:p:742-765. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.