Portfolio selection under incomplete information
We study an optimal investment problem under incomplete information and power utility. We analytically solve the Bellman equation, and identify the optimal portfolio policy. Moreover, we compare the solution to the value function in the fully observable case, and quantify the loss of utility due to incomplete information.
Volume (Year): 116 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lakner, Peter, 1998. "Optimal trading strategy for an investor: the case of partial information," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 77-97, August.
- Gady Zohar, 2001. "A Generalized Cameron-Martin Formula with Applications to Partially Observed Dynamic Portfolio Optimization," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 475-494.
- Brennan, Michael J & Xia, Yihong, 2001.
"Assessing Asset Pricing Anomalies,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 905-942.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Xia, Yihong, 1999. "Assessing Assets Pricing Anomalies," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt3jx02532, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Kim, Tong Suk & Omberg, Edward, 1996. "Dynamic Nonmyopic Portfolio Behavior," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 141-161.
- Lakner, Peter, 1995. "Utility maximization with partial information," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 247-273, April.
- Benes, Václav E. & Karatzas, Ioannis, 1983. "Estimation and control for linear, partially observable systems with non-gaussian initial distribution," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 233-248, March.
- M. J. Brennan, 1998. "The Role of Learning in Dynamic Portfolio Decisions," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 1(3), pages 295-306. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:116:y:2006:i:5:p:701-723. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.