When patients portray their conduct as normal and healthy: An interactional challenge for thorough substance use history taking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. Bauer, 2006. "Discussions," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 676-678, September.
- G. Mitra & I. Maros & A. Sciomachen, 1998. "Preface," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 81(0), pages 0, June.
- Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Aronsson, Karin, 1987. "Patient-doctor communication on smoking and drinking: Lifestyle in medical consultations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1129-1137, January.
- Johanson, Marita & Sätterlund Larsson, Ullabeth & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt, 1998. "Lifestyle discussion in the provision of health care. An empirical study of patient-physician interaction," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 103-112, July.
- Najman, J. M. & Klein, D. & Munro, C., 1982. "Patient characteristics negatively stereotyped by doctors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(20), pages 1781-1789, January.
- Rapley, Tim & May, Carl & Frances Kaner, Eileen, 2006. "Still a difficult business? Negotiating alcohol-related problems in general practice consultations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(9), pages 2418-2428, November.
More about this item
KeywordsUSA; Physician–patient interaction; Lifestyle; Substance use; Conversation analysis (CA);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:9:p:1650-1659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .