When patients portray their conduct as normal and healthy: An interactional challenge for thorough substance use history taking
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- G. Mitra & I. Maros & A. Sciomachen, 1998. "Preface," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 81(0), pages 0, June.
- Najman, J. M. & Klein, D. & Munro, C., 1982. "Patient characteristics negatively stereotyped by doctors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(20), pages 1781-1789, January.
- P. Bauer, 2006. "Discussions," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 676-678, September.
- Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Aronsson, Karin, 1987. "Patient-doctor communication on smoking and drinking: Lifestyle in medical consultations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1129-1137, January.
- Johanson, Marita & Sätterlund Larsson, Ullabeth & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt, 1998. "Lifestyle discussion in the provision of health care. An empirical study of patient-physician interaction," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 103-112, July.
- Rapley, Tim & May, Carl & Frances Kaner, Eileen, 2006. "Still a difficult business? Negotiating alcohol-related problems in general practice consultations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(9), pages 2418-2428, November.
More about this item
KeywordsUSA; Physician–patient interaction; Lifestyle; Substance use; Conversation analysis (CA);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:9:p:1650-1659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.