General subjective health status or age-related subjective health status: does it make a difference?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katie Bates & Tiziana Leone & Rula Ghandour & Suzan Mitwalli & Shiraz Nasr & Ernestina Coast & Rita Giacaman, 2017. "Women’s health in the occupied Palestinian territories: Contextual influences on subjective and objective health measures," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(10), pages 1-15, October.
- Aline Désesquelles, 2012. "Self-Rated Health of French prison inmates : measurement and comparison with other health indicators," Working Papers 178, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Natalia Golini & Viviana Egidi, 2016. "The Latent Dimensions of Poor Self-Rated Health: How Chronic Diseases, Functional and Emotional Dimensions Interact Influencing Self-Rated Health in Italian Elderly," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 321-339, August.
- Alison Reynolds & Claire E. Altman, 2018. "Subjective Health Assessments Among Older Adults in Mexico," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 37(5), pages 825-850, October.
- Neil J. Buckley & Frank T. Denton & A. Leslie Robb & Byron G. Spencer, 2006.
"Socio-economic Influences on the Health of Older Canadians: Estimates Based on Two Longitudinal Surveys,"
Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 32(1), pages 59-84, March.
- Neil J Buckley & Frank T Denton & A Leslie Robb & Byron G Spencer, 2005. "Socioeconomic Influences on the Health of Older Canadians: Estimates Based on Two Longitudinal Surveys," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 139, McMaster University.
- Neil J Buckley & Frank T Denton & A Leslie Robb & Byron G Spencer, 2005. "Socioeconomic Influences on the Health of Older Canadians: Estimates Based on Two Longitudinal Surveys," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 402, McMaster University.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh, 2009.
"Ill-health as a household norm: Evidence from other people's health problems,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 251-259, January.
- N Powdthavee, 2008. "Ill-Health as a Household Norm: Evidence from Other People's Health Problems," Discussion Papers 08/21, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora & Haviv-Messika, Amalia & Tarabeia, Jalal & Green, Manfred S. & Nitzan Kaluski, Dorit, 2005. "Self-reported health as a cultural health determinant in Arab and Jewish Israelis: MABAT--National Health and Nutrition Survey 1999-2001," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 1256-1266, September.
- Gil, Joan & Mora, Toni, 2011.
"The determinants of misreporting weight and height: The role of social norms,"
Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 78-91, January.
- Joan Gil & Toni Mora, 2009. "The Determinants of Misreporting Weight and Height: The Role of Social Norms," Working Papers 2009-01, FEDEA.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/423 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ania Filus & Doerte U. Junghaenel & Stefan Schneider & Joan E. Broderick & Arthur A. Stone, 2020. "Age Effects of Frames of Reference in Self-Reports of Health, Well-Being, Fatigue and Pain," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 15(1), pages 35-54, March.
- Pieniak, Zuzanna & Verbeke, Wim & Olsen, Svein Ottar & Hansen, Karina Birch & Brunsø, Karen, 2010. "Health-related attitudes as a basis for segmenting European fish consumers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 448-455, October.
- Cleon Tsimbos, 2010. "An assessment of socio-economic inequalities in health among elderly in Greece, Italy and Spain," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 55(1), pages 5-15, February.
- Doerte U. Junghaenel & Joan E. Broderick & Stefan Schneider & Marcella May & Alicia Bolton & Kelly P. McCarrier & Larissa M. Stassek & Sarah C. Keithly & Arthur A. Stone, 2018. "Frames of Reference in Self-Reports of Health, Well-Being, Fatigue, and Pain: a Qualitative Examination," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 585-601, September.
- Sharifah Haron & Deanna Sharpe & Jariah Masud & Mohamed Abdel-Ghany, 2010. "Health Divide: Economic and Demographic Factors Associated with Self-Reported Health Among Older Malaysians," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 328-337, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSubjective health Education Age Elderly Israel;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:53:y:2001:i:10:p:1373-1381. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.