Gender, poverty and location: how much difference do they make in the geography of health inequalities?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam, 1991. "QALYs and the equity-efficiency trade-off," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 21-41, May.
- Gerdtham, U. -G. & Johannesson, M. & Lundberg, L. & Isacson, D., 1999. "A note on validating Wagstaff and van Doorslaer's health measure in the analysis of inequalities in health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 117-124, January.
- Newbold, K. Bruce & Eyles, John & Birch, Stephen, 1995. "Equity in health care: Methodological contributions to the analysis of hospital utilization within Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1181-1192, May.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Paci, Pierella, 1991. "On the measurement of horizontal inequity in the delivery of health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 169-205, July.
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levasseur, Pierre, 2015.
"Causal effects of socioeconomic status on central adiposity risks: Evidence using panel data from urban Mexico,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 136, pages 165-174.
- Pierre Levasseur, 2014. "Causal effects of socioeconomic status on central adiposity risks: Evidence using panel data from urban Mexico," Post-Print hal-01181236, HAL.
- Yiguo Sun & Thanasis Stengos, 2008.
"The absolute health income hypothesis revisited: a semiparametric quantile regression approach,"
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 395-412, September.
- Thanasis Stengos & Yiguo Sun, 2005. "The Absolute Health Income Hypothesis Revisited : A Semiparametric Quantile Regression Approach," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 7-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Yiguo Sun & Thanasis Stengos, 2007. "The absolute health income hypothesis revisited: A Semiparametric Quantile Regression Approach," Working Paper series 23_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Thanasis Stengos & Yiguo Sun, 2006. "The absolute health income hypothesis revisited: A Semiparametric Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 0606, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Heather Conde & James Ted McDonald, 2007. "The Health Services Use Among Older Canadians in Rural and Urban Areas," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 178, McMaster University.
- Alexandrina D. CRUCEANU & Izabella ŁĘCKA & Ionel MUNTELE, 2014. "The Health State Our Most Precious Asset? A Short Review," Network Intelligence Studies, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 4, pages 193-208, November.
- Zajacova, Anna, 2006. "Education, gender, and mortality: Does schooling have the same effect on mortality for men and women in the US?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 2176-2190, October.
- Lloyd, Margaret H. & Akin, Becci A., 2014. "The disparate impact of alcohol, methamphetamine, and other drugs on family reunification," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 72-81.
- Huixia Liu & Linxiu Zhang & Gale Summerfield & Yaojiang Shi, 2009. "A gendered view of reforming health care access for farmers in China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 194-211, January.
- Kretowicz Paweł, 2010. "The Influence of Socio-Economic Factors upon Public Health on the Example of Podkarpackie Voivodship," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, De Gruyter Open, vol. 14(14), pages 63-78, January.
More about this item
KeywordsGender Poverty Health inequalities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:51:y:2000:i:2:p:275-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .