Coronary artery disease and the contours of pharmaceuticalization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2013.301226_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Das, Aniruddha, 2013. "How does race get “under the skin”?: Inflammation, weathering, and metabolic problems in late life," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 75-83.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1986:76:12:1446-1448_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frosch, Dominick L. & May, Suepattra G. & Tietbohl, Caroline & Pagán, José A., 2011. "Living in the “land of no”? Consumer perceptions of healthy lifestyle portrayals in direct-to-consumer advertisements of prescription drugs," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(7), pages 995-1002.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:6:957-964_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bell, Susan E. & Figert, Anne E., 2012. "Medicalization and pharmaceuticalization at the intersections: Looking backward, sideways and forward," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(5), pages 775-783.
- Weiner, Kate, 2010. "Configuring users of cholesterol lowering foods: A review of biomedical discourse," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(9), pages 1541-1547, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Unruh, Lynn & Rice, Thomas & Rosenau, Pauline Vaillancourt & Barnes, Andrew J., 2016. "The 2013 cholesterol guideline controversy: Would better evidence prevent pharmaceuticalization?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(7), pages 797-808.
More about this item
Keywordscoronary artery disease; heart disease; pharmaceuticalization; racial disparities; blockbuster drugs; bypass surgery; angioplasty; United States;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:131:y:2015:i:c:p:221-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.