Renewable energy in Kenya: Resource potential and status of exploitation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacobson, Arne & Kammen, Daniel M., 2007. "Engineering, institutions, and the public interest: Evaluating product quality in the Kenyan solar photovoltaics industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2960-2968, May.
- Acker, Richard H & Kammen, Daniel M, 1996. "The quiet (energy) revolution : Analysing the dissemination of photovoltaic power systems in Kenya," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 81-111, January.
- van der Plas, Robert J & Hankins, Mark, 1998. "Solar electricity in Africa: a reality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 295-305, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Opiyo, Nicholas, 2016. "A survey informed PV-based cost-effective electrification options for rural sub-Saharan Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 1-11.
- Tebibel, Hammou & Labed, Sifeddine, 2013. "Performance results and analysis of self-regulated PV system in Algerian Sahara," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 691-700.
- Arevalo, Javier, 2016. "Improving woodfuel governance in Burkina Faso: The experts׳ assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1398-1408.
- Ramli, Makbul A.M. & Twaha, Ssennoga, 2015. "Analysis of renewable energy feed-in tariffs in selected regions of the globe: Lessons for Saudi Arabia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 649-661.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Kryman, Matthew & Smith, Taylor, 2015. "Scaling and commercializing mobile biogas systems in Kenya: A qualitative pilot study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 115-125.
- Murage, Maureen Wanjiku & Anderson, C. Lindsay, 2014. "Contribution of pumped hydro storage to integration of wind power in Kenya: An optimal control approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 698-707.
- Pottmaier, D. & Melo, C.R. & Sartor, M.N. & Kuester, S. & Amadio, T.M. & Fernandes, C.A.H. & Marinha, D. & Alarcon, O.E., 2013. "The Brazilian energy matrix: From a materials science and engineering perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 678-691.
- Mohammed, Y.S. & Mustafa, M.W. & Bashir, N. & Mokhtar, A.S., 2013. "Renewable energy resources for distributed power generation in Nigeria: A review of the potential," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 257-268.
- Wagner, Beatrice & Hauer, Christoph & Schoder, Angelika & Habersack, Helmut, 2015. "A review of hydropower in Austria: Past, present and future development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 304-314.
- Manzano-Agugliaro, F. & Alcayde, A. & Montoya, F.G. & Zapata-Sierra, A. & Gil, C., 2013. "Scientific production of renewable energies worldwide: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 134-143.
- Abubakar Mas’ud, Abdullahi & Wirba, Asan Vernyuy & Muhammad-Sukki, Firdaus & Albarracín, Ricardo & Abu-Bakar, Siti Hawa & Munir, Abu Bakar & Bani, Nurul Aini, 2016. "A review on the recent progress made on solar photovoltaic in selected countries of sub-Saharan Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 441-452.
- Suberu, Mohammed Yekini & Mustafa, Mohd Wazir & Bashir, Nouruddeen & Muhamad, Nor Asiah & Mokhtar, Ahmad Safawi, 2013. "Power sector renewable energy integration for expanding access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 630-642.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:2029-2038 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:121:y:2018:i:c:p:368-376 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghaem Sigarchian, Sara & Paleta, Rita & Malmquist, Anders & Pina, André, 2015. "Feasibility study of using a biogas engine as backup in a decentralized hybrid (PV/wind/battery) power generation system – Case study Kenya," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P2), pages 1830-1841.
- repec:eee:renene:v:116:y:2018:i:pa:p:88-96 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRenewable energy Review Kenya Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:6:p:2960-2973. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.