Linking advertising and quantity decisions in the single-period inventory model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Evan L. Porteus & Seungjin Whang, 1991. "On Manufacturing/Marketing Incentives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(9), pages 1166-1181, September.
- Ravi Kumar, K. & Hadjinicola, George C., 1996. "Resource allocation to defensive marketing and manufacturing strategies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 453-466, November.
- Abad, P. L., 1987. "A hierarchical optimal control model for co-ordination of functional decisions in a firm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 62-75, October.
- Weatherford, LR & Pfeifer, PE, 1994. "The economic value of using advance booking of orders," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 105-111, January.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1995. "The newsboy problem under progressive multiple discounts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 458-466, July.
- Hon-Shiang Lau, 1997. "Simple formulas for the expected costs in the newsboy problem: An educational note," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 557-561, August.
- Robert Alan Leitch, 1974. "Marketing Strategy and the Optimal Production Schedule," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 302-312, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madhukar Nagare & Pankaj Dutta & Naoufel Cheikhrouhou, 2016. "Optimal ordering policy for newsvendor models with bidirectional changes in demand using expert judgment," OPSEARCH, Springer;Operational Research Society of India, vol. 53(3), pages 620-647, September.
- Mesak, Hani I. & Bari, Abdullahel & Blackstock, Rob, 2016. "On the robustness and strategic implications of a parsimonious advertising – inventory competitive model with extensions to pricing competition," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 38-47.
- Lee, Yun Shin, 2014. "Management of a periodic-review inventory system using Bayesian model averaging when new marketing efforts are made," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 278-289.
- repec:spr:rvmgts:v:11:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11846-016-0204-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mesak, Hani I. & Bari, Abdullahel & Luehlfing, Michael S. & Han, Fei, 2015. "On modeling the advertising-operations interface under asymmetric competition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 278-291.
- Güler, M. Güray, 2014. "A note on: “The effect of optimal advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem”," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 90-92.
- Giri, B.C. & Sharma, S., 2014. "Manufacturer's pricing strategy in a two-level supply chain with competing retailers and advertising cost dependent demand," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 102-111.
- repec:iim:iimawp:12794 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khanra, Avijit, 2014. "Multi-product newsboy problem with satiation objective," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-01-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Lu, Jye-Chyi & Tsao, Yu-Chung & Charoensiriwath, Chayakrit & Dong, Ming, 2012. "Dynamic decision-making in a two-stage supply chain with repeated transactions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 211-225.
- repec:spr:opsear:v:54:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s12597-016-0274-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khanra, Avijit & Soman, Chetan, 2014. "Heuristics for the multi-product satiating newsboy problem," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-01-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Chen, Liang-Hsuan & Chen, Ying-Che, 2010. "A multiple-item budget-constraint newsboy problem with a reservation policy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 431-439, December.
- Demirci, Ece Zeliha & Erkip, Nesim K., 2017. "Designing an intervention strategy for public-interest goods: The California electric vehicle market case," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 53-69.
- Pun, Hubert & Heese, H. Sebastian, 2015. "A note on budget allocation for market research and advertising," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 85-89.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:12:d:10.1057_s41274-016-0161-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Chih-Ming & Hsu, Shu-Lu, 2011. "The effect of advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 217-224, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:86:y:2003:i:2:p:93-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.