Impact of transportation contract on inventory systems with demand cancellation
Supply contracts often specify the quantity of inventory for shipments where retailers are liable to pay for ordering costs if order quantity exceeds the contracted size. We analyze a periodic review system where the firm manages its demand that are reserved with a one-period leadtime together with a multi-tier supply contract. We show that the optimal inventory policy has the primary structure of “finite generalized base stock” policy whose critical numbers depend on reservation parameters. The single, multiple periods and the infinite horizon models are studied. The presence of ordering costs needs a different approach from that in Yuan and Cheung (2003) to analyze the infinite horizon model.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yeo, Wee Meng & Yuan, Xue-Ming, 2011. "Optimal inventory policy with supply uncertainty and demand cancellation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(1), pages 26-34, May.
- Mordechai Henig & Yigal Gerchak & Ricardo Ernst & David F. Pyke, 1997. "An Inventory Model Embedded in Designing a Supply Contract," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(2), pages 184-189, February.
- Lian, Zhaotong & Deshmukh, Abhijit, 2009. "Analysis of supply contracts with quantity flexibility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 526-533, July.
- Yoichiro Fukuda, 1964. "Optimal Policies for the Inventory Problem with Negotiable Leadtime," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 690-708, July.
- Chiang, Chi & Gutierrez, Genaro J., 1996. "A periodic review inventory system with two supply modes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 527-547, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:137:y:2012:i:1:p:45-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.