Inventory positioning, scheduling and lead-time quotation in supply chains
We consider supply chain networks composed of several centrally managed production facilities as well as external suppliers. We design effective heuristics for inventory positioning, order sequencing, and short and reliable due-date quotation for this supply chain. We perform extensive computational testing to assess the effectiveness of our algorithms, and we explore the impact of supply chain topology on inventory costs and effective due-date quotation.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen C. Graves & Sean P. Willems, 2000. "Optimizing Strategic Safety Stock Placement in Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 68-83, June.
- Paul Glasserman & Sridhar Tayur, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis for Base-Stock Levels in Multiechelon Production-Inventory Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(2), pages 263-281, February.
- Inderfurth, Karl, 1994. "Safety stocks in multistage divergent inventory systems: A survey," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1-3), pages 321-329, June.
- Stephen C. Graves & Sean P. Willems, 2003. "Erratum: Optimizing Strategic Safety Stock Placement in Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 176-177.
- Inderfurth, Karl, 1991. "Safety stock optimization in multi-stage inventory systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 103-113, November.
- Diks, E. B. & de Kok, A. G. & Lagodimos, A. G., 1996. "Multi-echelon systems: A service measure perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 241-263, December.
- Inderfurth, Karl & Minner, Stefan, 1998. "Safety stocks in multi-stage inventory systems under different service measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 57-73, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:114:y:2008:i:1:p:276-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.