Modeling record-breaking stock prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1990. " Heteroskedasticity in Stock Return Data: Volume versus GARCH Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 221-229, March.
- Parameswaran Gopikrishnan & Vasiliki Plerou & Luis A. Nunes Amaral & Martin Meyer & H. Eugene Stanley, 1999. "Scaling of the distribution of fluctuations of financial market indices," Papers cond-mat/9905305, arXiv.org.
- Longin, Francois M, 1996. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Extreme Stock Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(3), pages 383-408, July.
- Krug, Joachim & Jain, Kavita, 2005. "Breaking records in the evolutionary race," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 358(1), pages 1-9.
- Baillie, Richard T. & DeGennaro, Ramon P., 1990. "Stock Returns and Volatility," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 203-214, June.
- Daniel Gembris & John G. Taylor & Dieter Suter, 2007. "Evolution of Athletic Records: Statistical Effects versus Real Improvements," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 529-545.
- A. Johansen & D. Sornette, 1998. "Stock market crashes are outliers," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 1(2), pages 141-143, January.
- Satya N. Majumdar & Gregory Schehr & Gregor Wergen, 2012. "Record statistics and persistence for a random walk with a drift," Papers 1206.6972, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2012.
- Gregor Wergen & Satya N. Majumdar & Gregory Schehr, 2012. "Record Statistics for Multiple Random Walks," Papers 1204.5039, arXiv.org.
- Gregor Wergen & Miro Bogner & Joachim Krug, 2011. "Record statistics for biased random walks, with an application to financial data," Papers 1103.0893, arXiv.org.
- Bera, Anil K & Higgins, Matthew L, 1993. " ARCH Models: Properties, Estimation and Testing," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 305-366, December.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- P. Sibani, 2007. "Linear response in aging glassy systems, intermittency and the Poisson statistics of record fluctuations," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 58(4), pages 483-491, August.
- Ditlevsen, Susanne, 2007. "A result on the first-passage time of an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(18), pages 1744-1749, December.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Dacorogna, Michael M. & Muller, Ulrich A. & Nagler, Robert J. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V., 1993. "A geographical model for the daily and weekly seasonal volatility in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 413-438, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lahmiri, Salim, 2017. "Asymmetric and persistent responses in price volatility of fertilizers through stable and unstable periods," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 466(C), pages 405-414.
- Wang, Bing Xing & Yu, Keming & Coolen, Frank P.A., 2015. "Interval estimation for proportional reversed hazard family based on lower record values," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 115-122.
More about this item
KeywordsRecord statistics; Extreme value statistics; Extreme events in financial markets; Random walks; Autoregressive processes; GARCH-models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:396:y:2014:i:c:p:114-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .