Maximum entropy generation and κ-exponential model
An increasing number of natural phenomena appear to deviate from standard statistical distributions. It has kindled interest in alternative formulation of statistical mechanics which should preserve most of the mathematical structures of the Boltzmann–Gibbs theory, while reproducing the phenomenology of the anomalous systems. The κ-theory has obtained a lot of results in the analysis of natural phenomena, but it was not extended to irreversible open systems. A modified κ-theory is proposed for its use in irreversible open systems.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 389 (2010)
Issue (Month): 21 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaniadakis, G., 2001. "Non-linear kinetics underlying generalized statistics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 296(3), pages 405-425.
- Martı́nez, S & Nicolás, F & Pennini, F & Plastino, A, 2000. "Tsallis’ entropy maximization procedure revisited," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 286(3), pages 489-502.
- Ou, Congjie & El Kaabouchi, Aziz & Chen, Jincan & Le Méhauté, Alain & Wang, Qiuping A., 2009. "Stability of incomplete entropy and incomplete expectation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(9), pages 1813-1817.
- Lucia, Umberto, 2009. "Irreversibility, entropy and incomplete information," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(19), pages 4025-4033.
- Lucia, Umberto, 2007. "Irreversible entropy variation and the problem of the trend to equilibrium," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 376(C), pages 289-292.
- T. Wada & A. M. Scarfone, 2009. "Asymptotic solutions of a nonlinear diffusive equation in the framework of κ-generalized statistical mechanics," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 65-71, July.
- T. Wada & A. M. Scarfone, 2005. "A non self-referential expression of Tsallis' probability distribution function," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 557-561, October.
- Huang, Zhifu & Ou, Congjie & Méhauté, A. Le & Wang, Qiuping A. & Chen, Jincan, 2009. "Inherent correlations between thermodynamics and statistical physics in extensive and nonextensive systems," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(12), pages 2331-2336.
- Lucia, Umberto, 2008. "Statistical approach of the irreversible entropy variation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(14), pages 3454-3460.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:389:y:2010:i:21:p:4558-4563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.