Gibrat and Pareto–Zipf revisited with European firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cirillo, Pasquale & Hüsler, Jürg, 2009. "On the upper tail of Italian firms’ size distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1546-1554.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Jiang, Zhuhua & Cheong, Chongcheul & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2011. "Changes of firm size distribution: The case of Korea," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(2), pages 319-327.
- Misako Takayasu & Hayafumi Watanabe & Hideki Takayasu, 2013. "Generalised central limit theorems for growth rate distribution of complex systems," Papers 1301.2728, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2014.
- Ikeda, Yuichi & Aoyama, Hideaki & Iyetomi, Hiroshi & Fujiwara, Yoshi & Souma, Wataru & Kaizoji, Taisei, 2007. "Response of firm agent network to exogenous shock," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 138-148.
- Hideaki Aoyama & Yoshi Fujiwara & Yuichi Ikeda & Hiroshi Iyetomi & Wataru Souma, 2010. "Econophysics on Real Economy -The First Decade of the Kyoto Econophysics Group-," Papers 1006.5587, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2010.
- Sun, Churen & Zhang, Tao, 2012. "Export, Productivity Pattern, and Firm Size Distribution," MPRA Paper 36742, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Pareto index induced from the scale of companies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 363(2), pages 367-376.
- Kočišová, J. & Horváth, D. & Brutovský, B., 2009. "The efficiency of individual optimization in the conditions of competitive growth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(17), pages 3585-3592.
- di Giovanni, Julian & Levchenko, Andrei A., 2013.
"Firm entry, trade, and welfare in Zipf's world,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 283-296.
- Julian di Giovanni & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2009. "Firm Entry, Trade, and Welfare in Zipf's World," Working Papers 591, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Julian di Giovanni & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2010. "Firm Entry, Trade, and Welfare in Zipf's World," NBER Working Papers 16313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:12:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11403-015-0152-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuscsik, Zoltán & Horváth, Denis & Gmitra, Martin, 2007. "The critical properties of the agent-based model with environmental–economic interactions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(1), pages 199-206.
- Guo, Jinzhong & Xu, Qi & Chen, Qinghua & Wang, Yougui, 2013. "Firm size distribution and mobility of the top 500 firms in China, the United States and the world," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(13), pages 2903-2914.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Annual change of Pareto index dynamically deduced from the law of detailed quasi-balance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 371(2), pages 525-535.
- A. Saichev & Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2008. "Theory of Zipf's Law and of General Power Law Distributions with Gibrat's law of Proportional Growth," Papers 0808.1828, arXiv.org.
- Ma, Qi & Chen, Yongwang & Tong, Hui & Di, Zengru, 2008. "Production, depreciation and the size distribution of firms," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(13), pages 3209-3217.
- Wang Dahui & Zhou Li & Di Zengru, 2005. "Bipartite Producer-Consumer Networks and the Size Distribution of Firms," Papers physics/0507163, arXiv.org.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Derivation of the distribution from extended Gibrat's law," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 367(C), pages 425-434.
More about this item
KeywordsPareto–Zipf law; Gibrat law; Firm growth; Bankruptcy; Econophysics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:344:y:2004:i:1:p:112-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.