Incomplete preferences on conditional random quantities: Representability by conditional previsions
We study "partial" preference relations, defined on an arbitrary set of conditional bounded random quantities: we provide a condition of rationality (interpretable in terms of betting scheme) characterizing preference relations representable by a conditional expectation. Moreover, we study the problem of extending a rational preference relation.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno Girotto & Silvano Holzer, 2003. "Representing complete and incomplete subjective linear preferences on random numbers," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 129-144, November.
- Arlegi, Ricardo & Nieto, Jorge, 2001. "Incomplete preferences and the preference for flexibility," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 151-165, March.
- Chateauneuf, Alain, 1985. "On the existence of a probability measure compatible with a total preorder on a Boolean algebra," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 43-52, February.
- Rumbos, Beatriz, 2001. "Representing subjective orderings of random variables: an extension," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 31-43, September.
- Paolo Ghirardato, 2002. "Revisiting Savage in a conditional world," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 83-92.
- Kelsey, David & Yalcin, Erkan, 2007.
"The arbitrage pricing theorem with incomplete preferences,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 90-105, July.
- David Kelsey & Erkan Yalcin, 2004. "The Arbitrage Pricing Theorem with Incomplete Preferences," GE, Growth, Math methods 0401002, EconWPA.
- Giulianella Coletti & Barbara Vantaggi, 2006. "Representability of Ordinal Relations on a Set of Conditional Events," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 137-174, 05.
- Dubra, Juan & Maccheroni, Fabio & Ok, Efe A., 2004.
"Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 118-133, March.
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maccheroni & Efe Oki, 2001. "Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 11-2001, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maacheroni & Efe A. Ok, 2001. "Expected Utility Theory without the Completeness Axiom," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1294, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Diecidue, Enrico & Wakker, Peter P., 2002. "Dutch books: avoiding strategic and dynamic complications, and a comonotonic extension," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 135-149, March.
- Vind, Karl, 2000.
"von Neumann Morgenstern preferences,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 109-122, February.
- Andrea Capotorti & Giulianella Coletti & Barbara Vantaggi, 2008. "Preferences Representable by a Lower Expectation: Some Characterizations," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 119-146, March.
- Klaus Nehring, 2000. "A Theory of Rational Choice under Ignorance," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 205-240, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:60:y:2010:i:2:p:104-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.