Incomplete preferences on conditional random quantities: Representability by conditional previsions
We study "partial" preference relations, defined on an arbitrary set of conditional bounded random quantities: we provide a condition of rationality (interpretable in terms of betting scheme) characterizing preference relations representable by a conditional expectation. Moreover, we study the problem of extending a rational preference relation.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno Girotto & Silvano Holzer, 2003. "Representing complete and incomplete subjective linear preferences on random numbers," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 26(2), pages 129-144, November.
- Diecidue, Enrico & Wakker, Peter P., 2002. "Dutch books: avoiding strategic and dynamic complications, and a comonotonic extension," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 135-149, March.
- David Kelsey & Erkan Yalcin, 2004.
"The Arbitrage Pricing Theorem with Incomplete Preferences,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Kelsey, David & Yalcin, Erkan, 2007. "The arbitrage pricing theorem with incomplete preferences," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 90-105, July.
- Vind, Karl, 2000.
"von Neumann Morgenstern preferences,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 109-122, February.
- Chateauneuf, Alain, 1985. "On the existence of a probability measure compatible with a total preorder on a Boolean algebra," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 43-52, February.
- Arlegi, Ricardo & Nieto, Jorge, 2001. "Incomplete preferences and the preference for flexibility," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 151-165, March.
- Andrea Capotorti & Giulianella Coletti & Barbara Vantaggi, 2008. "Preferences Representable by a Lower Expectation: Some Characterizations," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 119-146, March.
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maccheroni & Efe Oki, 2001.
"Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom,"
ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series
11-2001, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Dubra, Juan & Maccheroni, Fabio & Ok, Efe A., 2004. "Expected utility theory without the completeness axiom," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 118-133, March.
- Juan Dubra & Fabio Maacheroni & Efe A. Ok, 2001. "Expected Utility Theory without the Completeness Axiom," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1294, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Rumbos, Beatriz, 2001. "Representing subjective orderings of random variables: an extension," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 31-43, September.
- Klaus Nehring, 2000. "A Theory of Rational Choice under Ignorance," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 205-240, May.
- Giulianella Coletti & Barbara Vantaggi, 2006. "Representability of Ordinal Relations on a Set of Conditional Events," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 137-174, 05.
- Paolo Ghirardato, 2002. "Revisiting Savage in a conditional world," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(1), pages 83-92.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:60:y:2010:i:2:p:104-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.