Valuing future cash flows with non separable discount factors and non additive subjective measures: Conditional Choquet Capacities on Time and on Uncertainty
We consider future cash flows that are contingent both on dates in time and on uncertain states. The decision maker (DM) values the cash flows according to its decision criterion: Here the payoffs’ expectation with respect to a capacity measure. The subjective measure grasps the DM’s behaviour in front of the future, in the spirit of de Finetti’s (1930) and of Yaari’s (1987) Dual Theory in the case of risk. Decomposition of the criterion into two criteria that represent the DM’s preferences on uncertain payoffs and time contingent payoffs are derived from Ghirardato’s (1997) results. Conditional Choquet integrals are defined by dynamic consistency requirements and conditional capacities are derived, under some conditions on information. In contrast with other models referring to dynamic consistency, ours doesn’t collapse into a linear one because it violates a weak version of consequentialism.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:||Jun 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.lameta.univ-montp1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Karni, Edi & Schmeidler, David, 1991.
"Atemporal dynamic consistency and expected utility theory,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 401-408, August.
- Schmeidler, D. & Karni, E., 1990. "A Temporal Dynamic Consistency And Expected Utility Theory," Papers 39-90, Tel Aviv.
- André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2009.
"Consistent dynamic choice and non-expected utility preferences,"
- André Lapied & Pascal Tocquebeuf, 2007. "Consistent Dynamice Choice And Non-Expected Utility Preferences," Working Papers halshs-00353880, HAL.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1989. "Consistent Plans, Consequentialism, and Expected Utility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1445-49, November.
- Machina, Mark J, 1989. "Dynamic Consistency and Non-expected Utility Models of Choice under Uncertainty," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(4), pages 1622-68, December.
- Sarin, Rakesh & Wakker, Peter P, 1998. "Dynamic Choice and NonExpected Utility," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 87-119, November.
- Diecidue, Enrico & Wakker, Peter P., 2002. "Dutch books: avoiding strategic and dynamic complications, and a comonotonic extension," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 135-149, March.
- Robert Kast & André Lapied, 2007. "Dynamically Consistent Conditional Choquet Capacities," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 20-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Ghirardato, Paolo, 1995.
"On Independence For Non-Additive Measures, With a Fubini Theorem,"
940, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Ghirardato, Paolo, 1997. "On Independence for Non-Additive Measures, with a Fubini Theorem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 261-291, April.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Robert Kast & AndrÃ© Lapied, 2001. "Conditioning Capacities and Choquet Integrals: The Role of Comonotony," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 367-386, December.
- Robert Kast & André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2008. "Updating Choquet Integrals , Consequentialism and Dynamic Consistency," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 04-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Gilboa Itzhak & Schmeidler David, 1993.
"Updating Ambiguous Beliefs,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 33-49, February.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Rebille, Yann, 2004. "Some characterizations of non-additive multi-period models," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 235-250, November.
- Paolo Ghirardato, 2002. "Revisiting Savage in a conditional world," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 83-92.
- André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2009. "Consistent dynamic choice and non-expected utility preferences," Working Papers hal-00416214, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lam:wpaper:08-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Modat)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.