Small-scale mining in Ghana: The government and the galamsey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ilo:ilowps:366222 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tschakert, Petra, 2009. "Recognizing and nurturing artisanal mining as a viable livelihood," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 24-31.
- Amankwah, R.K. & Anim-Sackey, C., 2003. "Strategies for sustainable development of the small-scale gold and diamond mining industry of Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3-4), pages 131-138.
- Blunch, Niels-Hugo & Canagarajah, Sudharshan & Raju, Dhushyanth, 2001. "The informal sector revisited : a synthesis across space and time," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23308, The World Bank.
- Ayee, Joseph & Soreide, Tina & Shukla, G. P. & Le, Tuan Minh, 2011. "Political economy of the mining sector in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5730, The World Bank.
- Walle, Manfred. & Jennings, Norman., 2001. "Safety & health in small-scale surface mines : a handbook," ILO Working Papers 993662223402676, International Labour Organization.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boris Verbrugge, 2015. "The Economic Logic of Persistent Informality: Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining in the Southern Philippines," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(5), pages 1023-1046, September.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:1976-:d:116863 is not listed on IDEAS
- Teschner, Benjamin, 2013. "How you start matters: A comparison of Gold Fields' Tarkwa and Damang Mines and their divergent relationships with local small-scale miners in Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 332-340.
- Laing, Timothy, 2015.
"Rights to the forest, REDD+ and elections: Mining in Guyana,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 250-261.
- Laing, Timothy, 2015. "Rights to the forest, REDD+ and elections: mining in Guyana," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64186, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Laing, 2015. "Rights to the forest, REDD+ and elections: Mining in Guyana," GRI Working Papers 181, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Tschakert, Petra, 2016. "Shifting Discourses of Vilification and the Taming of Unruly Mining Landscapes in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 123-132.
- Hirons, Mark, 2014. "Shifting sand, shifting livelihoods? Reflections on a coastal gold rush in Ghana," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 83-89.
- Owusu, Obed & Wireko, Ishmael & Mensah, Albert Kobina, 2016. "The performance of the mining sector in Ghana: A decomposition analysis of the relative contribution of price and output to revenue growth," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 214-223.
- Saldarriaga-Isaza, Adrián & Villegas-Palacio, Clara & Arango, Santiago, 2013. "The public good dilemma of a non-renewable common resource: A look at the facts of artisanal gold mining," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 224-232.
- Smith, Nicole M. & Smith, Jessica M. & John, Zira Q. & Teschner, Benjamin A., 2017. "Promises and perceptions in the Guianas: The making of an artisanal and small-scale mining reserve," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 49-56.
- Gabriel Botchwey & Gordon Crawford & Nicholas Loubere & Jixia Lu, 2018. "South-South labour migration and the impact of the informal China-Ghana gold rush 2008–13," WIDER Working Paper Series 016, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsSmall-scale mining; Galamsey; ASM; Ghana; Gold; Informal economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:3:p:308-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .