The freight allocation problem with all-units quantity-based discount: A heuristic algorithm
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schotanus, Fredo & Telgen, Jan & de Boer, Luitzen, 2009. "Unraveling quantity discounts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 510-521, June.
- Xia, Weijun & Wu, Zhiming, 2007. "Supplier selection with multiple criteria in volume discount environments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 494-504, October.
- Benton, W. C. & Park, Seungwook, 1996. "A classification of literature on determining the lot size under quantity discounts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 219-238, July.
- Goossens, D.R. & Maas, A.J.T. & Spieksma, F.C.R. & van de Klundert, J.J., 2007. "Exact algorithms for procurement problems under a total quantity discount structure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(2), pages 603-626, April.
- Sawik, Tadeusz, 2010. "Single vs. multiple objective supplier selection in a make to order environment," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 203-212, June.
- Chauhan, Satyaveer Singh & Proth, Jean-Marie, 2003. "The concave cost supply problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 374-383, July.
- Rubin, Paul A. & Benton, W. C., 2003. "Evaluating jointly constrained order quantity complexities for incremental discounts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 149(3), pages 557-570, September.
- Burke, Gerard J. & Carrillo, Janice & Vakharia, Asoo J., 2008. "Heuristics for sourcing from multiple suppliers with alternative quantity discounts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 317-329, April.
- Jiefeng Xu & Leonard Lu & Fred Glover, 2000. "The deterministic multi-item dynamic lot size problem with joint business volume discount," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 96(1), pages 317-337, November.
- Chung, Chia-Shin & Hum, Sin-Hoon & Kirca, Omer, 1996. "The coordinated replenishment dynamic lot-sizing problem with quantity discounts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 122-133, October.
- Chen, Frank Y. & Krass, Dmitry, 2001. "Analysis of supply contracts with minimum total order quantity commitments and non-stationary demands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 309-323, June.
- Crama, Y. & Pascual J., R. & Torres, A., 2004. "Optimal procurement decisions in the presence of total quantity discounts and alternative product recipes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 159(2), pages 364-378, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kowalski, Krzysztof & Lev, Benjamin & Shen, Wenjing & Tu, Yan, 2014. "A fast and simple branching algorithm for solving small scale fixed-charge transportation problem," Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-5.
- Zhou, Yuan & Xie, Jinxing, 2014. "Potentially self-defeating: Group buying in a two-tier supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 42-52.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:258:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1941-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, Conor M., 2016. "Integrating packaging and supply chain decisions: Selection of economic handling unit quantities," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 208-221.
More about this item
KeywordsFreight allocation; Quantity discount; Heuristic; Filter-and-fan; Tabu search;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:4:p:415-423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.