Seed distributions for the NCAA men's basketball tournament
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumann Robert & Matheson Victor A. & Howe Cara A., 2010.
"Anomalies in Tournament Design: The Madness of March Madness,"
Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 1-11, April.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson & Cara Howe, 2009. "Anomalies in Tournament Design: The Madness of March Madness," Working Papers 0910, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson & Cara Howe, 2009. "Anomalies in Tournament Design: The Madness of March Madness," Working Papers 0912, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Shishebor, Z. & Towhidi, M., 2004. "On the generalization of negative binomial distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 127-133, January.
- Koenker, Roger & Bassett Jr., Gilbert W., 2010. "March Madness, Quantile Regression Bracketology, and the Hayek Hypothesis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 26-35.
- Fearnhead, Paul & Taylor, Benjamin M., 2010. "Calculating Strength of Schedule, and Choosing Teams for March Madness," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 64(2), pages 108-115.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karpov, Alexander, 2015. "A theory of knockout tournament seedings," Working Papers 0600, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Khatibi, Arash & King, Douglas M. & Jacobson, Sheldon H., 2015. "Modeling the winning seed distribution of the NCAA Division I men׳s basketball tournament," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 141-148.
More about this item
KeywordsNCAA basketball March Madness Bracketology Tournament seeds Geometric distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:39:y:2011:i:6:p:719-724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.