Mixture representation for order statistics from INID progressive censoring and its applications
In this paper, a mixture representation for the joint distribution function of progressively Type-II censored order statistics from heterogeneous distributions is established. Applications of this representation to stochastic orderings and inequalities are then illustrated.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 9 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kochar, Subhash C & Korwar, Ramesh, 1996. "Stochastic Orders for Spacings of Heterogeneous Exponential Random Variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Bairamov, Ismihan, 2006. "Progressive Type II censored order statistics for multivariate observations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 797-809, April.
- Kochar, Subhash & Rojo, Javier, 1996. "Some New Results on Stochastic Comparisons of Spacings from Heterogeneous Exponential Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 272-281, November.
- Hon Ng & Ping-Shing Chan, 2007. "Comments on: Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 16(2), pages 287-289, August.
- Olivier Guilbaud, 2001. "Exact Non-parametric Confidence Intervals for Quantiles with Progressive Type-II Censoring," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 28(4), pages 699-713.
- Alvarez-Andrade, S. & Balakrishnan, N. & Bordes, L., 2007. "Homogeneity tests based on several progressively Type-II censored samples," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(6), pages 1195-1213, July.
- Proschan, F. & Sethuraman, J., 1976. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from heterogeneous populations, with applications in reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 608-616, December.
- Lihong, Sun & Xinsheng, Zhang, 2005. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from gamma distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 112-121, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:99:y:2008:i:9:p:1999-2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.