Mixture representation for order statistics from INID progressive censoring and its applications
In this paper, a mixture representation for the joint distribution function of progressively Type-II censored order statistics from heterogeneous distributions is established. Applications of this representation to stochastic orderings and inequalities are then illustrated.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 9 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hon Ng & Ping-Shing Chan, 2007. "Comments on: Progressive censoring methodology: an appraisal," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 287-289, August.
- Proschan, F. & Sethuraman, J., 1976. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from heterogeneous populations, with applications in reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 608-616, December.
- Bairamov, Ismihan, 2006. "Progressive Type II censored order statistics for multivariate observations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 797-809, April.
- Kochar, Subhash & Rojo, Javier, 1996. "Some New Results on Stochastic Comparisons of Spacings from Heterogeneous Exponential Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 272-281, November.
- Kochar, Subhash C & Korwar, Ramesh, 1996. "Stochastic Orders for Spacings of Heterogeneous Exponential Random Variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Lihong, Sun & Xinsheng, Zhang, 2005. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from gamma distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 112-121, March.
- Olivier Guilbaud, 2001. "Exact Non-parametric Confidence Intervals for Quantiles with Progressive Type-II Censoring," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 28(4), pages 699-713.
- Alvarez-Andrade, S. & Balakrishnan, N. & Bordes, L., 2007. "Homogeneity tests based on several progressively Type-II censored samples," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(6), pages 1195-1213, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:99:y:2008:i:9:p:1999-2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.