Bounds for mixtures of order statistics from exponentials and applications
This paper deals with the stochastic comparison of order statistics and their mixtures. For a random sample of size n from an exponential distribution with hazard rate [lambda], and for 1 0, such that , and let U and V be two random variables with the distribution functions and , respectively. Then, V is greater in the hazard rate order (or the usual stochastic order) than U if and only if , and V is smaller in the hazard rate order (or the usual stochastic order) than U if and only if [lambda]
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shaked, Moshe & George Shanthikumar, J., 1995. "Hazard rate ordering of k-out-of-n systems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-8, April.
- Kochar, Subhash C & Korwar, Ramesh, 1996. "Stochastic Orders for Spacings of Heterogeneous Exponential Random Variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Navarro, Jorge & Rychlik, Tomasz, 2007. "Reliability and expectation bounds for coherent systems with exchangeable components," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 102-113, January.
- Zhao, Peng & Li, Xiaohu & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Likelihood ratio order of the second order statistic from independent heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 952-962, May.
- Kochar, Subhash & Rojo, Javier, 1996. "Some New Results on Stochastic Comparisons of Spacings from Heterogeneous Exponential Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 272-281, November.
- Fischer, T. & Balakrishnan, N. & Cramer, E., 2008. "Mixture representation for order statistics from INID progressive censoring and its applications," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(9), pages 1999-2015, October.
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 2002. "Mixtures of exponential distributions and stochastic orders," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 23-31, March.
- Navarro, Jorge & Spizzichino, Fabio & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Applications of average and projected systems to the study of coherent systems," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1471-1482, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:5:p:896-907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.