Comparisons of k-out-of-n systems with heterogenous components
The k-out-of-n structure is a very popular type of redundancy in fault-tolerant systems which has been widely applied in reliability engineering and system security. In this paper, we carry out stochastic comparisons between k-out-of-n systems with independent heterogeneous components with respect to various stochastic orders such as hazard rate order, mean residual life order, and reversed hazard rate order. Moreover, we also establish likelihood ratio ordering results of series and parallel systems in multiple-outlier models.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huaihou Chen & Taizhong Hu, 2008. "Multivariate likelihood ratio orderings between spacings of heterogeneous exponential random variables," Metrika- International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 17-29, June.
- Misra, Neeraj & Misra, Amit Kumar, 2012. "New results on stochastic comparisons of two-component series and parallel systems," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 283-290.
- Proschan, F. & Sethuraman, J., 1976. "Stochastic comparisons of order statistics from heterogeneous populations, with applications in reliability," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 608-616, December.
- Kochar, Subhash & Rojo, Javier, 1996. "Some New Results on Stochastic Comparisons of Spacings from Heterogeneous Exponential Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 272-281, November.
- Zhao, Peng & Li, Xiaohu & Balakrishnan, N., 2009. "Likelihood ratio order of the second order statistic from independent heterogeneous exponential random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 952-962, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:2:p:493-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.