Innovations algorithm asymptotics for periodically stationary time series with heavy tails
The innovations algorithm can be used to obtain parameter estimates for periodically stationary time series models. In this paper we compute the asymptotic distribution for these estimates in the case where the underlying noise sequence has infinite fourth moment but finite second moment. In this case, the sample covariances on which the innovations algorithm are based are known to be asymptotically stable. The asymptotic results developed here are useful to determine which model parameters are significant. In the process, we also compute the asymptotic distributions of least squares estimates of parameters in an autoregressive model.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lewis, Richard & Reinsel, Gregory C., 1985. "Prediction of multivariate time series by autoregressive model fitting," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 393-411, June.
- Anderson, Paul L. & Meerschaert, Mark M. & Vecchia, Aldo V., 1999. "Innovations algorithm for periodically stationary time series," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 149-169, September.
- Paul L. Anderson & Mark M. Meerschaert, 2005. "Parameter Estimation for Periodically Stationary Time Series," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 489-518, 07.
- Brockwell, P. J. & Davis, R. A., 1988. "Simple consistent estimation of the coefficients of a linear filter," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 47-59, April.
- QIN SHAO & ROBERT Lund, 2004. "Computation and Characterization of Autocorrelations and Partial Autocorrelations in Periodic ARMA Models," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 359-372, 05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:99:y:2008:i:1:p:94-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.