On nonparametric classification with missing covariates
General procedures are proposed for nonparametric classification in the presence of missing covariates. Both kernel-based imputation as well as Horvitz-Thompson-type inverse weighting approaches are employed to handle the presence of missing covariates. In the case of imputation, it is a certain regression function which is being imputed (and not the missing values). Using the theory of empirical processes, the performance of the resulting classifiers is assessed by obtaining exponential bounds on the deviations of their conditional errors from that of the Bayes classifier. These bounds, in conjunction with the Borel-Cantelli lemma, immediately provide various strong consistency results.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guido Imbens, 2000.
"Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1166, Econometric Society.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2003. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 1161-1189, 07.
- Keisuke Hirano & Guido W. Imbens & Geert Ridder, 2000. "Efficient Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score," NBER Technical Working Papers 0251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang Q. & Linton O. & Hardle W., 2004.
"Semiparametric Regression Analysis With Missing Response at Random,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 334-345, January.
- Wolfgang Hardle & Oliver Linton & Qihua Wang, 2003. "Semiparametric regression analysis with missing response at random," CeMMAP working papers CWP11/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hazelton, Martin L., 2000. "Marginal density estimation from incomplete bivariate data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 75-84, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:5:p:1051-1071. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.