On limit theorem for the eigenvalues of product of two random matrices
The existence of limiting spectral distribution (LSD) of the product of two random matrices is proved. One of the random matrices is a sample covariance matrix and the other is an arbitrary Hermitian matrix. Specially, the density function of LSD of SnWn is established, where Sn is a sample covariance matrix and Wn is Wigner matrix.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yin, Y. Q. & Bai, Z. D. & Krishnaiah, P. R., 1983. "Limiting behavior of the eigenvalues of a multivariate F matrix," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 508-516, December.
- Yin, Y. Q. & Krishnaiah, P. R., 1983. "A limit theorem for the eigenvalues of product of two random matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 489-507, December.
- Yin, Y. Q., 1986. "Limiting spectral distribution for a class of random matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 50-68, October.
- Silverstein, J. W. & Bai, Z. D., 1995. "On the Empirical Distribution of Eigenvalues of a Class of Large Dimensional Random Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 175-192, August.
- Bai, Z. D. & Yin, Y. Q. & Krishnaiah, P. R., 1986. "On limiting spectral distribution of product of two random matrices when the underlying distribution is isotropic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 189-200, June.
- Silverstein, J. W., 1995. "Strong Convergence of the Empirical Distribution of Eigenvalues of Large Dimensional Random Matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 331-339, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:98:y:2007:i:1:p:76-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.