Mean Location and Sample Mean Location on Manifolds: Asymptotics, Tests, Confidence Regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendriks, Harrie & Landsman, Zinoviy & Ruymgaart, Frits, 1996. "Asymptotic Behavior of Sample Mean Direction for Spheres," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 141-152, November.
- Chikuse, Yasuko, 1990. "The matrix angular central Gaussian distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 265-274, May.
- Mardia, K. V. & Khatri, C. G., 1977. "Uniform distribution on a Stiefel manifold," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 468-473, September.
- Hendriks, Harrie & Landsman, Zinoviy, 1996. "Asymptotic behavior of sample mean location for manifolds," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 169-178, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huckemann, Stephan & Hotz, Thomas, 2009. "Principal component geodesics for planar shape spaces," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(4), pages 699-714, April.
- Crane, M. & Patrangenaru, V., 2011. "Random change on a Lie group and mean glaucomatous projective shape change detection from stereo pair images," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 225-237, February.
- H. Fotouhi & M. Golalizadeh, 2015. "Highly resistant gradient descent algorithm for computing intrinsic mean shape on similarity shape spaces," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 391-410, May.
- Osborne, Daniel & Patrangenaru, Vic & Ellingson, Leif & Groisser, David & Schwartzman, Armin, 2013. "Nonparametric two-sample tests on homogeneous Riemannian manifolds, Cholesky decompositions and Diffusion Tensor Image analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 163-175.
- Stephan Huckemann, 2012. "On the meaning of mean shape: manifold stability, locus and the two sample test," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 64(6), pages 1227-1259, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMean location degenerate normal distribution sample Weingarten mapping cut-locus Stiefel manifold test confidence interval asymptotic acceptance-rejection method simulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:67:y:1998:i:2:p:227-243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .