Optimal Choice of Sample Fraction in Extreme-Value Estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Danielsson, J. & de Haan, L. & Peng, L. & de Vries, C. G., 2001.
"Using a Bootstrap Method to Choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 226-248, February.
- J. Danielsson & L. de Haan & L. Peng & C.G. de Vries, 1997. "Using a Bootstrap Method to choose the Sample Fraction in Tail Index Estimation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-016/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Daníelsson, J. & de Haan, L.F.M. & Peng, L. & de Vries, C.G., 2000. "Using a bootstrap method to choose the sample fraction in tail index estimation," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-19/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Drees, Holger & Kaufmann, Edgar, 1998. "Selecting the optimal sample fraction in univariate extreme value estimation," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 149-172, July.
- Fátima Brilhante, M. & Ivette Gomes, M. & Pestana, Dinis, 2013. "A simple generalisation of the Hill estimator," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 518-535.
- M. João Martins & M. Ivette Gopmes & M. Manuela Neves, 2004. "Averages of Hill estimators," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(1), pages 113-128, June.
- Gomes, M. Ivette & Henriques-Rodrigues, Lígia, 2016. "Competitive estimation of the extreme value index," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 128-135.
- Holger Drees & Laurens F.M. de Haan & Sidney Resnick, 1998. "How to make a Hill Plot," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-090/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- El-Aroui, Mhamed-Ali & Diebolt, Jean, 2002. "On the use of the peaks over thresholds method for estimating out-of-sample quantiles," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 453-475, June.
- Krajina, A., 2010. "An M-estimator of multivariate tail dependence," Other publications TiSEM 66518e07-db9a-4446-81be-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Tsourti, Zoi & Panaretos, John, 2003. "Extreme Value Index Estimators and Smoothing Alternatives: A Critical Review," MPRA Paper 6390, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rassoul, Abdelaziz, 2013. "Kernel-type estimator of the conditional tail expectation for a heavy-tailed distribution," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 698-703.
- Hsieh, Ping-Hung, 2002. "An exploratory first step in teletraffic data modeling: evaluation of long-run performance of parameter estimators," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 263-283, August.
- El Arrouchi Mohamed & Imlahi Abdelouahid, 2005. "Optimal choice of kn-records in the extreme value index estimation," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 23(2/2005), pages 101-115, February.
- Brahimi, Brahim & Meraghni, Djamel & Necir, Abdelhakim & Zitikis, Ričardas, 2011. "Estimating the distortion parameter of the proportional-hazard premium for heavy-tailed losses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 325-334.
- Ana Ferreira & Casper G. de Vries, 2004. "Optimal Confidence Intervals for the Tail Index and High Quantiles," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-090/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Geluk, J. L. & Peng, Liang, 2000. "An adaptive optimal estimate of the tail index for MA(l) time series," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 217-227, February.
- Vygantas Paulauskas & Marijus Vaičiulis, 2017. "A class of new tail index estimators," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 69(2), pages 461-487, April.
- Neves, Claudia & Fraga Alves, M. I., 2004. "Reiss and Thomas' automatic selection of the number of extremes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 689-704, November.
- Peng, L., 1998. "Asymptotically unbiased estimators for the extreme-value index," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 107-115, June.
- Necir, Abdelhakim & Meraghni, Djamel, 2009. "Empirical estimation of the proportional hazard premium for heavy-tailed claim amounts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 49-58, August.
- Laurens F.M. de Haan & Liang Peng & T.T. Pereira, 1997. "A Bootstrap-based Method to Achieve Optimality in Estimating the Extreme-value Index," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-099/4, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:47:y:1993:i:2:p:173-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.