From Archimedean to Liouville copulas
We use a recent characterization of the d-dimensional Archimedean copulas as the survival copulas of d-dimensional simplex distributions (McNeil and Neslehová (2009) ) to construct new Archimedean copula families, and to examine the relationship between their dependence properties and the radial parts of the corresponding simplex distributions. In particular, a new formula for Kendall's tau is derived and a new dependence ordering for non-negative random variables is introduced which generalises the Laplace transform order. We then generalise the Archimedean copulas to obtain Liouville copulas, which are the survival copulas of Liouville distributions and which are non-exchangeable in general. We derive a formula for Kendall's tau of Liouville copulas in terms of the radial parts of the corresponding Liouville distributions.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 8 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gupta, Rameshwar D. & Richards, Donald St. P., 1992. "Multivariate Liouville distributions, III," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-57, October.
- Hofert, Marius, 2008. "Sampling Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5163-5174, August.
- Gupta, Rameshwar D. & Richards, Donald St.P., 1987. "Multivariate Liouville distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 233-256, December.
- Fang, Kai-Tai & Fang, Bi-Qi, 1988. "Some families of mutivariate symmetric distributions related to exponential distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 109-122, January.
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- Joe, Harry, 1993. "Multivariate dependence measures and data analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 279-297, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:8:p:1772-1790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.