From Archimedean to Liouville copulas
We use a recent characterization of the d-dimensional Archimedean copulas as the survival copulas of d-dimensional simplex distributions (McNeil and Neslehová (2009) ) to construct new Archimedean copula families, and to examine the relationship between their dependence properties and the radial parts of the corresponding simplex distributions. In particular, a new formula for Kendall's tau is derived and a new dependence ordering for non-negative random variables is introduced which generalises the Laplace transform order. We then generalise the Archimedean copulas to obtain Liouville copulas, which are the survival copulas of Liouville distributions and which are non-exchangeable in general. We derive a formula for Kendall's tau of Liouville copulas in terms of the radial parts of the corresponding Liouville distributions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 8 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joe, Harry, 1990. "Multivariate concordance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 12-30, October.
- Hofert, Marius, 2008. "Sampling Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5163-5174, August.
- Fang, Kai-Tai & Fang, Bi-Qi, 1988. "Some families of mutivariate symmetric distributions related to exponential distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 109-122, January.
- Joe, Harry, 1993. "Multivariate dependence measures and data analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 279-297, September.
- Gupta, Rameshwar D. & Richards, Donald St. P., 1992. "Multivariate Liouville distributions, III," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-57, October.
- Gupta, Rameshwar D. & Richards, Donald St.P., 1987. "Multivariate Liouville distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 233-256, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:101:y:2010:i:8:p:1772-1790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.