Loss functions and public policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1988.
"Unemployment: Getting the Questions Right--and Some of the Answers,"
502, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1988. "Unemployment: Getting the Questions Right - and some of the answers," NBER Working Papers 2698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993.
"Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 77-114.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Financial Market Imperfections and Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 2494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen, 1986. "Unemployment in Britain," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(210(S)), pages 121-169, Supplemen.
- van de Klundert, Th & Peters, P, 1988.
"Price Inertia in a Macroeconomic Model of Monopolistic Competition,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(218), pages 203-217, May.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Peters, P., 1986. "Price inertia in a macroeconomic model of monopolistic competition," Research Memorandum FEW 221, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Peters, P., 1988. "Price inertia in a macroeconomic model of monopolistic competition," Other publications TiSEM 14d1003c-aab3-48b8-8129-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-193.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-666, September.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1987. "Why Is Wage Inflation in Britain So High?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(1), pages 103-128, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Price Rigidities and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 350-355, May.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Charles Wyplosz, 1985. "The Zero Root Problem: A Note on the Dynamic Determination of the Stationary Equilibrium in Linear Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 353-357.
- Layard, Richard & Bean, Charles, 1989. " Why Does Unemployment Persist?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(2), pages 371-396.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "Economics of Worldwide Stagflation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number brun85-1, January.
- Ball, Laurence & Romer, David, 1991. "Sticky Prices as Coordination Failure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 539-552, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Mayer, 2003. "The macroeconomic Loss Function: a Critical Note," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(6), pages 347-349.
- CHADHA, Jagjit & SCHELLEKENS, Philip, "undated".
"Monetary policy loss functions: two cheers for the quadratic,"
1999002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Jagjit Chadha & Philip Schellekens, 1999. "Monetary policy loss functions: two cheers for the quadratic," Bank of England working papers 101, Bank of England.
- Schellekens, P. & Chadha, J.S., 1999. "Monetary Policy Loss Functions: Two Cheers for the Quadratic," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9920, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- al-Nowaihi, Ali & Stracca, Livio, 2002. "Non-standard central bank loss functions, skewed risks, and certainty equivalence," Working Paper Series 0129, European Central Bank.
- Joseph Daniels & David VanHoose, 1998. "Two-Country Models of Monetary and Fiscal Policy: What Have We Learned? What More Can We Learn?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 265-284, July.
- David D. VanHoose, 2004. "The New Open Economy Macroeconomics: A Critical Appraisal," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 193-215, April.
- Frey, Rainer, 2009. "The design of an asymmetric currency union with shock persistence and spillovers: Short-term versus medium-term," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 85-97, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:9:y:1987:i:4:p:489-504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .