Coercive dual-class exchange offers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12816 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-03-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baulkaran, Vishaal, 2014. "Management entrenchment and the valuation discount of dual class firms," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 70-81.
- Belot, François & Ginglinger, Edith & Slovin, Myron B. & Sushka, Marie E., 2014.
"Freedom of choice between unitary and two-tier boards: An empirical analysis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 364-385.
- Edith Ginglinger & François Belot & Myron B. Slovin & Marie E. Sushka, 2014. "Freedom of choice between unitary and two-tier boards: an empirical analysis," Post-Print halshs-00973546, HAL.
- Bauguess, Scott W. & Slovin, Myron B. & Sushka, Marie E., 2012. "Large shareholder diversification, corporate risk taking, and the benefits of changing to differential voting rights," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1244-1253.
- Jean-Jacques Hamon, 2001. "La répartition des droits de vote, leur exercice et l’efficacité économique," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 63(3), pages 175-209.
- François Belot & Edith Ginglinger & Myron Slovin & Marie Sushka, 2012. "Lessons from The French Exception: How Firms Choose Between Unitary and Dual Boards," Post-Print hal-01637565, HAL.
- Weber, Joseph & Joos, Peter & Balachandran, Sudhakar, 2004. "Do Voting Rights Matter: Evidence From the Adoption of Equity-based Compensation Plans," Working papers 4442-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- François Belot & Edith Ginglinger & Myron Slovin & Marie Sushka, 2012. "Reforming Corporate Governance: Evidence from the Choice between Unitary versus Dual Boards of Directors," Post-Print hal-01637558, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9321 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, Stephen & Whittred, Greg, 1998. "Security design and the allocation of voting rights: Evidence from the Australian IPO market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 107-131, June.
- Smart, Scott B. & Zutter, Chad J., 2003. "Control as a motivation for underpricing: a comparison of dual and single-class IPOs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 85-110, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9552 is not listed on IDEAS
- James S. Ang & William L Megginson, 1989. "Restricted Voting Shares, Ownership Structure, And The Market Value Of Dual-Class Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 12(4), pages 301-318, December.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Corporate Ownership Structures: Private versus Social Optimality," NBER Working Papers 5584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Hanson & Moon H. Song, 1995. "Managerial Ownership Change And Firm Value: Evidence From Dual-Class Recapitalizations And Insider Trading," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(3), pages 281-297, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9554 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smart, Scott B. & Thirumalai, Ramabhadran S. & Zutter, Chad J., 2008. "What's in a vote The short- and long-run impact of dual-class equity on IPO firm values," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 94-115, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:20:y:1988:i::p:153-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.