Do star analysts know more firm-specific information? Evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Hutton, Amy P. & Marcus, Alan J. & Tehranian, Hassan, 2009. "Opaque financial reports, R2, and crash risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 67-86, October.
- Allen, Franklin & Qian, Jun & Qian, Meijun, 2005. "Law, finance, and economic growth in China," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 57-116, July.
- Jin, Li & Myers, Stewart C., 2006. "R2 around the world: New theory and new tests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 257-292, February.
- repec:wsi:qjfxxx:v:04:y:2014:i:04:n:s2010139214500189 is not listed on IDEAS
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Patrick J. Kelly, 2014.
"Information Efficiency and Firm-Specific Return Variation,"
Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(04), pages 1-44.
- Patrick J. Kelly, 2014. "Information Efficiency and Firm-Specific Return Variation," Working Papers w0208, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Gul, Ferdinand A. & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Qiu, Annie A., 2010. "Ownership concentration, foreign shareholding, audit quality, and stock price synchronicity: Evidence from China," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 425-442, March.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Stulz, René M. & Tan, Hongping, 2008.
"Do local analysts know more? A cross-country study of the performance of local analysts and foreign analysts,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 581-606, June.
- Kee-Hong Bae & Rene M. Stulz & Hongping Tan, 2005. "Do Local Analysts Know More? A Cross-Country Study of the Performance of Local Analysts and Foreign Analysts," NBER Working Papers 11697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Stulz, Rene M. & Tan, Hongping, 2006. "Do Local Analysts Know More? A Cross-Country Study of the Performance of Local Analysts and Foreign Analysts," Working Paper Series 2005-18, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Sarah E. Bonner & Artur Hugon & Beverly R. Walther, 2007. "Investor Reaction to Celebrity Analysts: The Case of Earnings Forecast Revisions," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 481-513, June.
- Liu, Mark H., 2011. "Analysts’ Incentives to Produce Industry-Level versus Firm-Specific Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(03), pages 757-784, June.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2003. "Analyzing the Analysts: Career Concerns and Biased Earnings Forecasts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 313-351, February.
- Yu, Fang (Frank), 2008. "Analyst coverage and earnings management," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 245-271, May.
- Chan, Kalok & Hameed, Allaudeen, 2006. "Stock price synchronicity and analyst coverage in emerging markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 115-147, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:46:y:2017:i:pb:p:323-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jiaata:v:29:y:2017:i:c:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chunmei Lin & Massimo Massa & Hong Zhang, 2014. "Mutual Funds and Information Diffusion: The Role of Country-Level Governance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-079/IV/DSF76, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:240-255 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jiandong Chen & Rong Ding & Wenxuan Hou & Sofia Johan, 2016. "Do Financial Analysts Perform a Monitoring Role in China? Evidence from Modified Audit Opinions," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 52(3), pages 473-500, September.
- Zhang, Min & Tong, Lijing & Su, Jun & Cui, Zhipeng, 2015. "Analyst coverage and corporate social performance: Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 76-94.
- Haß, Lars Helge & Vergauwe, Skrålan & Zhang, Qiyu, 2014. "Corporate governance and the information environment: Evidence from Chinese stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 106-119.
- Huang, Wei & Wright, Brian, 2015. "Analyst earnings forecast under complex corporate ownership in China," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 69-84.
- Marco Navone & Fernando Zapatero, 2014. "Why Do Financial Analysts Strive to Be Irrelevant? Career Concerns and Endogenous Coverage Termination," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1507, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- repec:taf:applec:v:48:y:2016:i:47:p:4538-4557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Chao & Shi, Haina & Xu, Haoping, 2014. "The IPO underwriting market share in China: Do ownership and quality matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 177-189.
- Xu, Nianhang & Jiang, Xuanyu & Chan, Kam C. & Yi, Zhihong, 2013. "Analyst coverage, optimism, and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 217-239.
More about this item
KeywordsStar analyst; Stock return synchronicity; Information production; Forecast accuracy;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:37:y:2013:i:1:p:89-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.