Measuring performance in a dynamic world: Conditional mean-variance fundamentals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopherson, Jon A & Ferson, Wayne E & Glassman, Debra A, 1998.
"Conditioning Manager Alphas on Economic Information: Another Look at the Persistence of Performance,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(1), pages 111-142.
- Jon A. Christopherson & Wayne E. Ferson & Debra A. Glassman, 1996. "Conditioning Manager Alphas on Economic Information: Another Look at the Persistence of Performance," NBER Working Papers 5830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shanken, Jay, 1990. "Intertemporal asset pricing : An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 99-120.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1968. "The Performance Of Mutual Funds In The Period 1945–1964," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 389-416, May.
- Edwin J. Elton, 2001. "A First Look at the Accuracy of the CRSP Mutual Fund Database and a Comparison of the CRSP and Morningstar Mutual Fund Databases," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2415-2430, December.
- Robert Kosowski & Allan Timmermann & Russ Wermers & Hal White, 2006.
"Can Mutual Fund "Stars" Really Pick Stocks? New Evidence from a Bootstrap Analysis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2551-2595, December.
- Kosowski, Robert & Timmermann, Allan & Wermers, Russ & White, Hal, 2005. "Can mutual fund stars really pick stocks? New evidence from a bootstrap analysis," CFR Working Papers 05-14, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Treynor, Jack L & Black, Fischer, 1973. "How to Use Security Analysis to Improve Portfolio Selection," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 66-86, January.
- Campbell, John Y., 1987. "Stock returns and the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 373-399, June.
- Mark M. Carhart & Jennifer N. Carpenter & Anthony W. Lynch & David K. Musto, 2002. "Mutual Fund Survivorship," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1439-1463.
- Lehmann, Bruce N. & Modest, David M., 1988. "The empirical foundations of the arbitrage pricing theory," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 213-254, September.
- Abhyankar, Abhay & Basu, Devraj & Stremme, Alexander, 2007. "Portfolio efficiency and discount factor bounds with conditioning information: An empirical study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 419-437, February.
- José-Miguel Gaspar & Massimo Massa & Pedro Matos, 2006. "Favoritism in Mutual Fund Families? Evidence on Strategic Cross-Fund Subsidization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 73-104, February.
- Ho, Chienwei & Hung, Chi-Hsiou, 2009. "Investor sentiment as conditioning information in asset pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 892-903, May.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Tkac, Paula A., 2002. "The Determinants of the Flow of Funds of Managed Portfolios: Mutual Funds vs. Pension Funds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 523-557, December.
- Frauendorfer, Karl & Jacoby, Ulrich & Schwendener, Alvin, 2007. "Regime switching based portfolio selection for pension funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2265-2280, August.
- Ferson, Wayne E & Schadt, Rudi W, 1996. " Measuring Fund Strategy and Performance in Changing Economic Conditions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 425-461, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Babalos, Vassilios & Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Philippas, Nikolaos, 2015. "Gender, style diversity, and their effect on fund performance," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 57-74.
- Darolles, Serge & Gourieroux, Christian, 2010.
"Conditionally fitted Sharpe performance with an application to hedge fund rating,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 578-593, March.
- Serge Darolles & Christian Gourieroux, 2010. "Conditionally fitted Sharpe performance with an application to hedge fund rating," Post-Print halshs-00677727, HAL.
- Kim, Dongcheol & Na, Haejung, 2016. "The forecast dispersion anomaly revisited: Time-series forecast dispersion and the cross-section of stock returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 37-53.
- Bertrand Maillet & Michele Costola & Massimiliano Caporin & Gregory Jannin, 2015. "On the (Ab)Use of Omega?," Working Papers 2015:02, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Turtle, H.J. & Zhang, Chengping, 2012. "Time-varying performance of international mutual funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 334-348.
- I-Hsuan Ethan Chiang, 2016. "Skewness And Coskewness In Bond Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 145-178, June.
- Berger, Dave & Turtle, H.J., 2012. "Cross-sectional performance and investor sentiment in a multiple risk factor model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1107-1121.
- Chesney, Marc & Reshetar, Ganna & Karaman, Mustafa, 2011. "The impact of terrorism on financial markets: An empirical study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 253-267, February.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Lee, Jinsoo, 2010. "Mean-variance convergence around the world," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 856-870, April.
- Vassilios Babalos & Michael Doumpos & Nikolaos Philippas & Constantin Zopounidis, 2015. "Towards a Holistic Approach for Mutual Fund Performance Appraisal," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 35-53, June.
- Vassilios Babalos & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Philippas, 2013.
"Measuring Alpha in the Fund Management Industry: Do Female Managers Perform Better?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1300, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Vassilios Babalos & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Philippas, 2013. "Measuring Alpha in the Fund Management Industry: Do Female Managers Perform Better?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4275, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:bla:jfnres:v:40:y:2017:i:1:p:113-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Dave & Turtle, H.J., 2011. "Emerging market crises and US equity market returns," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 32-41.
More about this item
KeywordsConditional performance measurement Conditional mean-variance analysis Conditional Jensen's alpha;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:33:y:2009:i:10:p:1851-1859. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.