Takeover defenses and wealth effects on securityholders: The case of poison pill adoptions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- DeAngelo, Harry & Rice, Edward M., 1983. "Antitakeover charter amendments and stockholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 329-359, April.
- Comment, Robert & Schwert, G. William, 1995.
"Poison or placebo? Evidence on the deterrence and wealth effects of modern antitakeover measures,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 3-43, September.
- Robert Comment & G. William Schwert, 1993. "Poison or Placebo? Evidence on the Deterrent and Wealth Effects of Modern Antitakeover Measures," NBER Working Papers 4316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1989. "Managers' voting rights and corporate control," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 263-290, December.
- Jayaraman, Narayanan & Shastri, Kuldeep, 1988. "The Valuation Impacts of Specially Designated Dividends," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 301-312, September.
- Datta, Sudip & Dhillon, Upinder S., 1993. "Bond and Stock Market Response to Unexpected Earnings Announcements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 565-577, December.
- Hand, John R M & Holthausen, Robert W & Leftwich, Richard W, 1992. " The Effect of Bond Rating Agency Announcements on Bond and Stock Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 733-752, June.
- Brickley, James A. & Coles, Jeffrey L. & Terry, Rory L., 1994. "Outside directors and the adoption of poison pills," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 371-390, June.
- Datta, Sudip & E. Iskandar-Datta, Mai, 1995. "Corporate partial acquisitions, total firm valuation and the effect of financing method," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 97-115, April.
- Ambrose, Brent W. & Megginson, William L., 1992. "The Role of Asset Structure, Ownership Structure, and Takeover Defenses in Determining Acquisition Likelihood," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(04), pages 575-589, December.
- Palepu, Krishna G., 1986. "Predicting takeover targets : A methodological and empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 3-35, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Forjan & Bonnie Van Ness, 2003. "An Investigation of Poison Pill Securities, Long-Term Debt, and the Wealth of Shareholders," American Journal of Business, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(2 Y), pages 17-22.
- Espahbodi, Hassan & Espahbodi, Pouran, 2003. "Binary choice models and corporate takeover," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 549-574, April.
- Tsung-ming Yeh, 2014. "The effects of anti-takeover measures on Japanese corporations," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 757-780, May.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:7:p:1499-1517 is not listed on IDEAS
- Waisman, Maya, 2013. "Product market competition and the cost of bank loans: Evidence from state antitakeover laws," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4721-4737.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:20:y:1996:i:7:p:1231-1250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.