Theories of the soft budget-constraint
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Dewatripont & E. Maskin, 1995.
"Credit and Efficiency in Centralized and Decentralized Economies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 541-555.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 1995. "Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9603, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 2004. "Credit and efficiency in centralized and decentralized economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9605, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1994. "Politicians and Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 995-1025.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertero, Elisabetta & Rondi, Laura, 2000. "Financial pressure and the behaviour of public enterprises under soft and hard budget constraints: evidence from Italian panel data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 73-98, January.
- Claudio Djissey Shikida IBMEC-MG, 2003. "Could we build a bridge between Austrian Economics and New Institutional Economics? A Pré-History of the Soft Budget Constraint," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0307002, EconWPA.
- Haucap, Justus & Loebert, Ina, 2018. "Wettbewerbssituation auf dem Markt für Wetterdienstleistungen," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 93, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Astrid Matthey, 2010.
"Do public banks have a competitive advantage?,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 45-55.
- Astrid Matthey, 2007. "Do Public Banks have a Competitive Advantage?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-100, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Astrid Matthey, 2008. "Do Public Banks have a Competitive Advantage?," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-010, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Zhu, Wenyu & Yang, Jiawen, 2016. "State ownership, cross-border acquisition, and risk-taking: Evidence from China’s banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 133-153.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Powell, Andrew, 1998. "The political economy of public savings and the role of capital mobility," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 67-95, October.
- J. Kornai & E. Maskin & G. Roland., 2004.
"Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 12.
- János Kornai & Eric Maskin & Gérard Roland, 2003. "Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1095-1136, December.
- J. Kornai & E. Maskin & G. Roland., 2004. "Understanding the Soft Budget Constraint," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 11.
- Tsuji, Kenji, 2007. "The soft budget constraint, the debt overhang and the optimal degree of credit centralization," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 187-197, March.
- Li, David D., 1998. "Insider control and the soft budget constraint: a simple theory," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 307-311, December.
- Vahabi, Mehrdad, 2003.
"La contrainte budgétaire lâche et la théorie économique
[Soft Budget Constraint and Economic Theory]," MPRA Paper 17651, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nobuo Akai & Emilson Silva, 2009. "Interregional redistribution as a cure to the soft budget syndrome in federations," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 16(1), pages 43-58, February.
- Karen Eggleston & Richard Zeckhauser, 2002. "Government Contracting for Health Care," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0202, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Kornai, János & Maskin, Eric & Roland, Gérard, 2004.
"A puha költségvetési korlát I
[The soft budget constraint I]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 608-624.
- Kornai, János & Maskin, Eric & Roland, Gérard, 2004.
"A puha költségvetési korlát - II
[The soft budget constraint II]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 777-809.
- Kornai, János & Maskin, Eric & Roland, Gérard, 2004. "A puha költségvetési korlát - II
- Eric Maskin & Chenggang Xu, 2001.
"Soft budget constraint theories: From centralization to the market,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Maskin, Eric & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 2001. "Soft Budget Constraint Theories: From Centralization to the Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eric S. Maskin, 1999. "Recent Theoretical Work on the Soft Budget Constraint," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 421-425, May.
- Egon Franck, 2014.
"Financial Fair Play in European Club Football: What Is It All About?,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 9(3), pages 193-217, August.
- Egon Franck, 2014. "Financial Fair Play in European Club Football What is it all about?," Working Papers 328, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Simonovska, Ana & Gjosevski, Dragan, 2014. "Does the agricultural policy foster agricultural development? Evidences on corrections of the rural capital market imperfections in the Republic of Macedonia," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182943, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:62:y:2017:i:01:n:s0217590817400045 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mehrdad VAHABI, 2001.
"The Soft Budget Constraint : A Theoretical Clarification,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
2001024, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2001. "The Soft Budget Constraint: A Theoretical Clarification," Post-Print hal-00629160, HAL.
- Kornai, János, 1997.
"Pénzügyi fegyelem és puha költségvetési korlát
[Financial discipline and soft budget constraint]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 940-953.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:8:y:1996:i:2:p:125-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.