On the efficiency of penal systems: Several lessons from the Italian experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tullock, Gordon, 1975. "On the Efficient Organization of Trials," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 745-762.
- McChesney, Fred S, 1977. "On the Procedural Superiority of a Civil Law System: A Comment," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 507-510.
- William M. Landes, 1974. "An Economic Analysis of the Courts," NBER Chapters, in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 164-214, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tulkens, H., 1990. "Non-parametric efficiency analyses in four service activities: retail banking, municipalities, courts and urban transit," CORE Discussion Papers 1990050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ordover, Janusz A & Weitzman, Phillip, 1977. "On the Efficient Organization of Trials: A Comment," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 511-516.
- van Tulder, Frank, 1994. "Law Enforcement, Production and the Decision-Making Process: An Analysis of Dutch Police-Departments," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 49(Supplemen), pages 259-276.
- Lewin, Arie Y & Morey, Richard C & Cook, Thomas J, 1982. "Evaluating the administrative efficiency of courts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 401-411.
- Hovenkamp, Herbert, 1995. "Law and Economics in the United States: A Brief Historical Survey," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 331-352, April.
- Nicola BOARI, 1996. "Law and Economics in Action: An Efficiency Analysis of Italian Penal Procedures after 1989," Working Papers 76, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:17:y:1997:i:1:p:115-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.