Asymptotic behavior of the empirical conditional value-at-risk
We study asymptotic behavior of the empirical conditional value-at-risk (CVaR). In particular, the Berry–Essen bound, the law of iterated logarithm, the moderate deviation principle and the large deviation principle for the empirical CVaR are obtained. We also give some numerical examples.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 49 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Laeven, Roger J.A., 2010. "Decision principles derived from risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 294-302, December.
- Wang, Ran & Wang, Xinyu & Wu, Liming, 2010. "Sanov's theorem in the Wasserstein distance: A necessary and sufficient condition," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(5-6), pages 505-512, March.
- Acerbi, Carlo & Tasche, Dirk, 2002.
"On the coherence of expected shortfall,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1487-1503, July.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Deprez, Olivier & Gerber, Hans U., 1985. "On convex principles of premium calculation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 179-189, July.
- Takeda, Akiko & Kanamori, Takafumi, 2009. "A robust approach based on conditional value-at-risk measure to statistical learning problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 287-296, October.
- Aharon Ben-Tal & Marc Teboulle, 2007. "An Old-New Concept Of Convex Risk Measures: The Optimized Certainty Equivalent," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 449-476.
- Kaas, Rob & Laeven, Roger J.A. & Nelsen, Roger B., 2009. "Worst VaR scenarios with given marginals and measures of association," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 146-158, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:49:y:2011:i:3:p:345-352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.