On optimal allocation of risk vectors
In this paper we extend results on optimal risk allocations for portfolios of real risks w.r.t. convex risk functionals to portfolios of risk vectors. In particular we characterize optimal allocations minimizing the total risk as well as Pareto optimal allocations. Optimal risk allocations are shown to exhibit a worst case dependence structure w.r.t. some specific max-correlation risk measure and they are comonotone w.r.t. a common worst case scenario measure. We also derive a new existence criterion for optimal risk allocations and discuss some examples.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Marco Scarsini & Giovanni Puccetti, 2010.
- David Heath & Hyejin Ku, 2004. "Pareto Equilibria with coherent measures of risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 163-172.
- Beatrice Acciaio, 2007. "Optimal risk sharing with non-monotone monetary functionals," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 267-289, April.
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012.
"Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks,"
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bühlmann, Hans & Jewell, William S., 1979. "Optimal Risk Exchanges," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 243-262, December.
- E. Jouini & W. Schachermayer & N. Touzi, 2008.
"Optimal Risk Sharing For Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 269-292.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2007. "Optimal Risk Sharing for Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions," Working Papers halshs-00176606, HAL.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Zephyr, 2010. "The city," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1-2), pages 154-155, February.
- Deprez, Olivier & Gerber, Hans U., 1985. "On convex principles of premium calculation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 179-189, July.
- Burgert Christian & Rüschendorf Ludger, 2006. "On the optimal risk allocation problem," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 1-19, July.
- Ludkovski, Michael & Rüschendorf, Ludger, 2008. "On comonotonicity of Pareto optimal risk sharing," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(10), pages 1181-1188, August.
- Damir Filipović & Gregor Svindland, 2008. "Optimal capital and risk allocations for law- and cash-invariant convex functions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 423-439, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:2:p:167-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.