On optimal allocation of risk vectors
In this paper we extend results on optimal risk allocations for portfolios of real risks w.r.t. convex risk functionals to portfolios of risk vectors. In particular we characterize optimal allocations minimizing the total risk as well as Pareto optimal allocations. Optimal risk allocations are shown to exhibit a worst case dependence structure w.r.t. some specific max-correlation risk measure and they are comonotone w.r.t. a common worst case scenario measure. We also derive a new existence criterion for optimal risk allocations and discuss some examples.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Heath & Hyejin Ku, 2004. "Pareto Equilibria with coherent measures of risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 163-172.
- Deprez, Olivier & Gerber, Hans U., 1985. "On convex principles of premium calculation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 179-189, July.
- Henry, Marc & Galichon, Alfred & Ekeland, Ivar, 2012.
"Comonotonic Measures of Multivariate Risks,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/2278, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ludkovski, Michael & Rüschendorf, Ludger, 2008. "On comonotonicity of Pareto optimal risk sharing," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(10), pages 1181-1188, August.
- E. Jouini & W. Schachermayer & N. Touzi, 2008.
"Optimal Risk Sharing For Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 269-292.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2007. "Optimal Risk Sharing for Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions," Working Papers halshs-00176606, HAL.
- Damir Filipović & Gregor Svindland, 2008. "Optimal capital and risk allocations for law- and cash-invariant convex functions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 423-439, July.
- Zephyr, 2010. "The city," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1-2), pages 154-155, February.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Meilijson, Isaac, 2003. "Modelling agents’ preferences in complete markets by second order stochastic dominance," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6105, Paris Dauphine University.
- Puccetti, Giovanni & Scarsini, Marco, 2010. "Multivariate comonotonicity," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 291-304, January.
- Burgert Christian & Rüschendorf Ludger, 2006. "On the optimal risk allocation problem," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 19, July.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Beatrice Acciaio, 2007. "Optimal risk sharing with non-monotone monetary functionals," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 267-289, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:2:p:167-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.