Joint characteristic functions construction via copulas
When modelling dependent risks it is important to be able to generate joint distributions with given marginals. One of the ways which may be useful in connection with using the Fast Fourier Transform is to construct joint characteristic functions from marginal characteristic functions. In this paper a class of n-dimensional continuous copulas is presented which in turn lead to a simple construction of joint characteristic functions with given marginal characteristic functions. Bounds on various measures of correlation are also given.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- I. Bairamov & S. Kotz & M. Bekci, 2001. "New generalized Farlie-Gumbel-Morgenstern distributions and concomitants of order statistics," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(5), pages 521-536.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lynn Wirch, Julia & Hardy, Mary R., 1999. "A synthesis of risk measures for capital adequacy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 337-347, December.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 71-92, May.
- Cécile Amblard & Stéphane Girard, 2009. "A new extension of bivariate FGM copulas," Metrika- International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 1-17, June.
- Rodríguez-Lallena, José Antonio & Úbeda-Flores, Manuel, 2004. "A new class of bivariate copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 315-325, February.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:2:p:137-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.