Chain ladder method: Bayesian bootstrap versus classical bootstrap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Del Moral & Arnaud Doucet & Ajay Jasra, 2006. "Sequential Monte Carlo samplers," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 411-436.
- John F. Geweke, 1991. "Evaluating the accuracy of sampling-based approaches to the calculation of posterior moments," Staff Report 148, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gisler, Alois & Wüthrich, Mario V., 2008. "Credibility for the Chain Ladder Reserving Method," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 565-600, November.
- Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko & Mario V. Wuthrich, 2009. "Model uncertainty in claims reserving within Tweedie's compound Poisson models," Papers 0904.1483, arXiv.org.
- England, P.D. & Verrall, R.J., 2002. "Stochastic Claims Reserving in General Insurance," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 443-518, August.
- England, Peter & Verrall, Richard, 1999. "Analytic and bootstrap estimates of prediction errors in claims reserving," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 281-293, December.
- Mack, Thomas, 1993. "Distribution-free Calculation of the Standard Error of Chain Ladder Reserve Estimates," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 213-225, November.
- Paulo J. R. Pinheiro & João Manuel Andrade e Silva & Maria de Lourdes Centeno, 2003. "Bootstrap Methodology in Claim Reserving," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(4), pages 701-714.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kylie-Anne Richards & Gareth W. Peters & William Dunsmuir, 2012. "Heavy-Tailed Features and Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book Volume Profiles in Futures Markets," Papers 1210.7215, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2015.
- Peters, Gareth W. & Dong, Alice X.D. & Kohn, Robert, 2014. "A copula based Bayesian approach for paid–incurred claims models for non-life insurance reserving," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 258-278.
- Thomas A. Dean & Sumeetpal S. Singh & Ajay Jasra & Gareth W. Peters, 2014. "Parameter Estimation for Hidden Markov Models with Intractable Likelihoods," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 41(4), pages 970-987, December.
- Man Chung Fung & Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko, 2016. "A unified approach to mortality modelling using state-space framework: characterisation, identification, estimation and forecasting," Papers 1605.09484, arXiv.org.
- Heberle, Jochen & Thomas, Anne, 2014. "Combining chain-ladder claims reserving with fuzzy numbers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 96-104.
- Gareth W. Peters & Alice X. D. Dong & Robert Kohn, 2012. "A Copula Based Bayesian Approach for Paid-Incurred Claims Models for Non-Life Insurance Reserving," Papers 1210.3849, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
More about this item
KeywordsClaims reserving Distribution-free chain ladder Mean square error of prediction Bayesian chain ladder Approximate Bayesian computation Markov chain Monte Carlo Annealing Bootstrap;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:1:p:36-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.