Chain ladder method: Bayesian bootstrap versus classical bootstrap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Del Moral & Arnaud Doucet & Ajay Jasra, 2006. "Sequential Monte Carlo samplers," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 411-436.
- Prescott, Edward C., 1986.
"Theory ahead of business-cycle measurement,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, pages 11-44.
- John F. Geweke, 1991. "Evaluating the accuracy of sampling-based approaches to the calculation of posterior moments," Staff Report 148, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gisler, Alois & Wüthrich, Mario V., 2008. "Credibility for the Chain Ladder Reserving Method," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 565-600, November.
- Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko & Mario V. Wuthrich, 2009. "Model uncertainty in claims reserving within Tweedie's compound Poisson models," Papers 0904.1483, arXiv.org.
- England, P.D. & Verrall, R.J., 2002. "Stochastic Claims Reserving in General Insurance," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 443-518, August.
- England, Peter & Verrall, Richard, 1999. "Analytic and bootstrap estimates of prediction errors in claims reserving," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 281-293.
- Mack, Thomas, 1993. "Distribution-free Calculation of the Standard Error of Chain Ladder Reserve Estimates," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 213-225, November.
- Paulo J. R. Pinheiro & João Manuel Andrade e Silva & Maria de Lourdes Centeno, 2003. "Bootstrap Methodology in Claim Reserving," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(4), pages 701-714.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gareth W. Peters & Alice X. D. Dong & Robert Kohn, 2012. "A Copula Based Bayesian Approach for Paid-Incurred Claims Models for Non-Life Insurance Reserving," Papers 1210.3849, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
- Kylie-Anne Richards & Gareth W. Peters & William Dunsmuir, 2012. "Heavy-Tailed Features and Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book Volume Profiles in Futures Markets," Papers 1210.7215, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2015.
- Heberle, Jochen & Thomas, Anne, 2014. "Combining chain-ladder claims reserving with fuzzy numbers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 96-104.
- Peters, Gareth W. & Dong, Alice X.D. & Kohn, Robert, 2014. "A copula based Bayesian approach for paid–incurred claims models for non-life insurance reserving," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 258-278.
- Man Chung Fung & Gareth W. Peters & Pavel V. Shevchenko, 2016. "A unified approach to mortality modelling using state-space framework: characterisation, identification, estimation and forecasting," Papers 1605.09484, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsClaims reserving Distribution-free chain ladder Mean square error of prediction Bayesian chain ladder Approximate Bayesian computation Markov chain Monte Carlo Annealing Bootstrap;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:1:p:36-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .