The trade imbalance story
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bilson, John F O, 1978. "The Current Experience with Floating Exchange Rates: An Appraisal of the Monetary Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 392-397, May.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-625, June.
- Clements, Kenneth W., 1978. "The demand for traded and non-traded goods in the U.S," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 361-364.
- Kouri, Pentti J K, 1976. " The Exchange Rate and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run and in the Long Run: A Monetary Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 280-304.
- Abel, Andrew & Dornbusch, Rudiger & Huizinga, John & Marcus, Alan, 1979. "Money demand during hyperinflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 97-104, January.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1976. "The Terms of Trade and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 710-716, September.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1978. "Purchasing power parity and exchange rates : Another look at the evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 397-407.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eugeni, Sara, 2015. "An OLG model of global imbalances," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 83-97.
- Eugeni, Sara, 2016. "Global imbalances in the XIX, XX and the XXI centuries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 69-72.
- Harilaos Mertzanis, 2000. "Capacity Utilization, Foreign Portfolio Investment and International Debts and Deficits," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 207-218.
- Cremers, Emily T., 2005. "Intergenerational Welfare And Trade," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(05), pages 585-611, November.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Ohyama, Michihiro, 1995. "External debt cycles," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 215-236, June.
- Joël Hellier, 2012. "The North-South HOS Model, inequality and globalization," Working Papers 244, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Mountford, Andrew, 1998. "Trade, convergence and overtaking," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 167-182, October.
- Per Krusell & Lee E. Ohanian & JosÈ-Victor RÌos-Rull & Giovanni L. Violante, 2000.
"Capital-Skill Complementarity and Inequality: A Macroeconomic Analysis,"
Econometric Society, pages 1029-1054.
- John H. Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1978. "Samuelson's consumption-loan model with country-specific fiat monies," Staff Report 24, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simonovits, András, 1995.
"Az együtt élő korosztályok modellcsaládja
[The family of overlapping cohorts models]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 358-386.
- Simonovits, Andras, 1999. "Are there cycles in realistic overlapping cohorts models?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 261-275, June.
- Simonovits, András & Molnár, György, 1996.
"Várakozások, stabilitás és működőképesség az együttélő korosztályok egy realista modelljében
[Expectations, stability and capability to operate in a realistic model of coexisting cohorts]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(10), pages 863-890.
- Cremers, Emily T., 1997. "Capital markets and dimension in neoclassical models of growth with trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 155-172, August.
- Fisher, Eric O'N., 1995. "Growth, trade, and international transfers," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 143-158, August.
- Litterman, Robert B & Weiss, Laurence M, 1985.
"Money, Real Interest Rates, and Output: A Reinterpretation of Postwar U.S. Data,"
Econometric Society, pages 129-156.
- John H. Kareken & Neil Wallace, 1976. "Portfolio autarky: a welfare analysis," Staff Report 9, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Robert B. Litterman & Laurence Weiss, 1983. "Money, Real Interest Rates, and Output: A Reinterpretation of Postwar U.S. Data," NBER Working Papers 1077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Molnar, Gyorgy & Simonovits, Andras, 1998. "Expectations, (in)stability and (in)viability in realistic overlapping cohorts models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 303-332, September.
- Fedotenkov, I., 2012. "Pensions and ageing in a globalizing world. International spillover effects via trade and factor mobility," Other publications TiSEM 8830bc21-4138-4479-8459-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Simonovits, András, 1999.
"A racionális és a naiv várakozások stabilitásának összehasonlítása
[Commparison of the stability of rational and naive expectations]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 689-700.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:4:y:1974:i:2:p:119-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.