Methods for assessing the cost-effectiveness of public health interventions: Key challenges and recommendations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Drummond, Michael F. & Sculpher, Mark J. & Torrance, George W. & O'Brien, Bernie J. & Stoddart, Greg L., 2005. "Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780198529453.
- Werner B. F. Brouwer & Marc A. Koopmanschap & Frans F. H. Rutten, 1997. "Productivity Costs Measurement Through Quality of Life? A Response to the Recommendation of the Washington Panel," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 253-259.
- Milton C. Weinstein & Joanna E. Siegel & Alan M. Garber & Joseph Lipscomb & Bryan R. Luce & Willard G. Manning & George W. Torrance, 1997. "Productivity costs, time costs and health-related quality of life: a response to the Erasmus Group," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 505-510.
- Werner B.F. Brouwer & Marc A. Koopmanschap & Frans F.H. Rutten, 1997. "Productivity costs in cost-effectiveness analysis: numerator or denominator: a further discussion," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 511-514.
- Karl Claxton & Mike Paulden & Hugh Gravelle & Werner Brouwer & Anthony J. Culyer, 2011. "Discounting and decision making in the economic evaluation of health‐care technologies," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 2-15, January.
- Cookson, Richard & Drummond, Mike & Weatherly, Helen, 2009. "Explicit incorporation of equity considerations into economic evaluation of public health interventions," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 231-245, April.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Smith, Richard D. & Yago, Milton & Millar, Michael & Coast, Jo, 2005. "Assessing the macroeconomic impact of a healthcare problem: The application of computable general equilibrium analysis to antimicrobial resistance," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1055-1075, November.
- Ryan, Mandy & Netten, Ann & Skatun, Diane & Smith, Paul, 2006. "Using discrete choice experiments to estimate a preference-based measure of outcome--An application to social care for older people," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 927-944, September.
- Hugh Gravelle & Werner Brouwer & Louis Niessen & Maarten Postma & Frans Rutten, 2007. "Discounting in economic evaluations: stepping forward towards optimal decision rules," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 307-317.
- Phil Shackley & Simon Dixon, 2000. "Using contingent valuation to elicit public preferences for water fluoridation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(6), pages 777-787.
- Karl Claxton & Mark Sculpher & Anthony Culyer & Chris McCabe & Andrew Briggs & Ron Akehurst & Martin Buxton & John Brazier, 2006. "Discounting and cost-effectiveness in NICE - stepping back to sort out a confusion," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 1-4.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Sam Watson’s journal round-up for 4th April 2016
by Sam Watson in The Academic Health Economists' Blog on 2016-04-04 16:00:24
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dyfrig Hughes & Joanna Charles & Dalia Dawoud & Rhiannon Tudor Edwards & Emily Holmes & Carys Jones & Paul Parham & Catrin Plumpton & Colin Ridyard & Huw Lloyd-Williams & Eifiona Wood & Seow Tien Yeo, 2016. "Conducting Economic Evaluations Alongside Randomised Trials: Current Methodological Issues and Novel Approaches," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 34(5), pages 447-461, May.
- Matthew Calver, 2016. "Measuring the Appropriate Outcomes for Better Decision-Making: A Framework to Guide the Analysis of Health Policy," CSLS Research Reports 2016-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Di Bartolomeo Giovanni & Stefano Papa, 2017. "The effects of physical activity on social interactions: The case of trust and trustworthiness," wp.comunite 00134, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Emma Frew, 2016. "Economic Evaluation of Childhood Obesity Interventions: Reflections and Suggestions," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 34(8), pages 733-740, August.
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s40258-017-0323-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40258-017-0319-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goebbels, Adrienne F.G. & Lakerveld, Jeroen & Ament, André J.H.A. & Bot, Sandra D.M. & Severens, Johan L., 2012. "Exploring non-health outcomes of health promotion: The perspective of participants in a lifestyle behaviour change intervention," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 177-186.
- Mac Giolla Phadraig, Caoimhin & Nunn, June & Guerin, Suzanne & Normand, Charles, 2016. "Should we provide oral health training for staff caring for people with intellectual disabilities in community based residential care? A cost-effectiveness analysis," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 46-54.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:35:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1007_s40273-017-0522-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:12:p:1249-1262 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40258-016-0304-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic evaluation Public health;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:93:y:2009:i:2-3:p:85-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.