Sociocultural variations in help-seeking behavior for everyday symptoms and chronic disorders
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cockerham, William C. & Kunz, Gerhard & Leuschen, Guenther & Spaeth, Joe L., 1986. "Symptoms, social stratification and self-responsibility for health in the United States and West Germany," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1263-1271, January.
- Veitch, P. C., 1995. "The development of a method for measuring anticipated illness behaviour in three common injuries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 747-751, September.
- Blaxter, Mildred, 1997. "Whose fault is it? People's own conceptions of the reasons for health inequalities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 747-756, March.
- Alberts, Jantina F. & Sanderman, Robbert & Eimers, J. Marietta & Van Den Heuvel, Wim J. A., 1997. "Socioeconomic inequity in health care: A study of services utilization in Curaçao," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 213-220, July.
- Segall, Alexander & Goldstein, Jay, 1989. "Exploring the correlates of self-provided health care behaviour," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 153-161, January.
- Blaxter, Mildred, 1983. "The causes of disease : Women talking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 59-69, January.
- Veitch, P. C., 1995. "Anticipated response to three common injuries by rural and remote area residents," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 739-745, September.
- Verbrugge, Lois M., 1986. "From sneezes to adieux: Stages of health for American men and women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1195-1212, January.
- van der Meer, Joost B. W. & van den Bos, Johannes & Mackenbach, Johan P., 1996. "Socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in a Dutch population: the contribution of health status," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-18, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:44:y:1998:i:1:p:57-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.