Sociocultural variations in help-seeking behavior for everyday symptoms and chronic disorders
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Segall, Alexander & Goldstein, Jay, 1989. "Exploring the correlates of self-provided health care behaviour," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 153-161, January.
- Blaxter, Mildred, 1997. "Whose fault is it? People's own conceptions of the reasons for health inequalities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 747-756, March.
- Blaxter, Mildred, 1983. "The causes of disease : Women talking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 59-69, January.
- Alberts, Jantina F. & Sanderman, Robbert & Eimers, J. Marietta & Van Den Heuvel, Wim J. A., 1997. "Socioeconomic inequity in health care: A study of services utilization in Curaçao," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 213-220, July.
- van der Meer, Joost B. W. & van den Bos, Johannes & Mackenbach, Johan P., 1996. "Socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in a Dutch population: the contribution of health status," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Veitch, P. C., 1995. "The development of a method for measuring anticipated illness behaviour in three common injuries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 747-751, September.
- Verbrugge, Lois M., 1986. "From sneezes to adieux: Stages of health for American men and women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1195-1212, January.
- Cockerham, William C. & Kunz, Gerhard & Leuschen, Guenther & Spaeth, Joe L., 1986. "Symptoms, social stratification and self-responsibility for health in the United States and West Germany," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1263-1271, January.
- Veitch, P. C., 1995. "Anticipated response to three common injuries by rural and remote area residents," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 739-745, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zeynep Or & Florence Jusot & Engin Yilmaz, 2008. "Impact of health care system on socioeconomic inequalities in doctor use," Working Papers DT17, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Sep 2008.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:44:y:1998:i:1:p:57-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .