The elimination of broker voting in director elections
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan B. Cohn & Stuart L. Gillan & Jay C. Hartzell, 2016. "On Enhancing Shareholder Control: A (Dodd-) Frank Assessment of Proxy Access," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(4), pages 1623-1668, August.
- Giroud, Xavier & Mueller, Holger M., 2010. "Does corporate governance matter in competitive industries?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 312-331, March.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen & Allen Ferrell, 2009. "What Matters in Corporate Governance?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 783-827, February.
- Larcker, David F. & Ormazabal, Gaizka & Taylor, Daniel J., 2011. "The market reaction to corporate governance regulation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 431-448, August.
- Akyol, Ali C. & Lim, Wei Fen & Verwijmeren, Patrick, 2012. "Shareholders in the Boardroom: Wealth Effects of the SEC’s Proposal to Facilitate Director Nominations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(05), pages 1029-1057, October.
- Bo Becker & Daniel Bergstresser & Guhan Subramanian, 2013.
"Does Shareholder Proxy Access Improve Firm Value? Evidence from the Business Roundtable's Challenge,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(1), pages 127-160.
- Bo Becker & Daniel Bergstresser & Guhan Subramanian, 2012. "Does Shareholder Proxy Access Improve Firm Value? Evidence from the Business Roundtable Challenge," NBER Working Papers 17797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Yermack, 2010. "Shareholder Voting and Corporate Governance," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 103-125, December.
- Jennifer E. Bethel & Stuart L. Gillan, 2002. "The Impact of the Institutional and Regulatory Environment on Shareholder Voting," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 31(4), Winter.
- Zhang, Ivy Xiying, 2007. "Economic consequences of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 74-115, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:24:y:1986:i:2:p:316-334 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:21:y:1983:i:1:p:184-221 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsShareholder voting; Director elections; Securities and Exchange Commission; Board effectiveness;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:21:y:2017:i:c:p:34-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.