The effectiveness of the VaR-based portfolio insurance strategy: An empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Los, Cornelis A. & Yu, Bing, 2008.
"Persistence characteristics of the Chinese stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 64-82.
- Cornelis A. Los & Bing Yu, 2005. "Persistence Characteristics of the Chinese Stock Markets," Finance 0508008, EconWPA.
- Balder, Sven & Brandl, Michael & Mahayni, Antje, 2009. "Effectiveness of CPPI strategies under discrete-time trading," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 204-220, January.
- De Santis, Giorgio & imrohoroglu, Selahattin, 1997.
"Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 561-579, August.
- Giorgio De Santis & Selahattin Imrohoroglu, 1994. "Stock returns and volatility in emerging financial markets," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 93, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Koichi Matsumoto, 2007. "Portfolio Insurance with Liquidity Risk," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 14(4), pages 363-386, December.
- Simon Loria & Toan Pham & Ah Boon Sim, 1991. "The Performance of a Stock Index Futures Based Portfolio Insurance Scheme: Australian Evidence," Working Paper Series 5, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Huai-I. Lee & Min-Hsien Chiang & Hsinan Hsu, 2008. "A new choice of dynamic asset management: the variable proportion portfolio insurance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(16), pages 2135-2146.
- Ian Domowitz & Jack Glen & Ananth Madhavan, 1998. "International Cross-Listing and Order Flow Migration: Evidence from an Emerging Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2001-2027, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Annaert, Jan & Osselaer, Sofieke Van & Verstraete, Bert, 2009. "Performance evaluation of portfolio insurance strategies using stochastic dominance criteria," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 272-280, February.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Li, Huimin, 2008. "Sudden changes in volatility in emerging markets: The case of Gulf Arab stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 47-63.
- Bertrand, Philippe & Prigent, Jean-luc, 2011. "Omega performance measure and portfolio insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1811-1823, July.
- Binh Huu Do, 2002. "Relative performance of dynamic portfolio insurance strategies: Australian evidence," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 42(3), pages 279-296.
- Cesari, Riccardo & Cremonini, David, 2003. "Benchmarking, portfolio insurance and technical analysis: a Monte Carlo comparison of dynamic strategies of asset allocation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 987-1011, April.
- Black, Fischer & Perold, AndreF., 1992. "Theory of constant proportion portfolio insurance," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 403-426.
- Pressacco, Flavio & Stucchi, Patrizia, 1990. "Synthetic portfolio insurance on the Italian stock index: From theory to practice," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2-3), pages 81-94, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamidi, Benjamin & Maillet, Bertrand & Prigent, Jean-Luc, 2014.
"A dynamic autoregressive expectile for time-invariant portfolio protection strategies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-29.
- Benjamin HAMIDI & Bertrand MAILLET & Jean-Luc PRIGENT, 2013. "A Dynamic AutoRegressive Expectile for Time-Invariant Portfolio Protection Strategies," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 164, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Benjamin Hamidi & Bertrand Maillet & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2014. "A Dynamic AutoRegressive Expectile for Time-Invariant Portfolio Protection Strategies," Working Papers halshs-01015390, HAL.
- Benjamin Hamidi & Bertrand Maillet & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2014. "A dynamic autoregressive expectile for time-invariant portfolio protection strategies," Post-Print hal-01697643, HAL.
- Benjamin Hamidi & Bertrand Maillet & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2014. "A Dynamic AutoRegressive Expectile for Time-Invariant Portfolio Protection Strategies," Working Papers 2014-131, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Zhang, Tao & Zhou, Hongfeng & Li, Larry & Gu, Feng, 2015. "Optimal rebalance rules for the constant proportion portfolio insurance strategy – Evidence from China," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 413-422.
- Dichtl, Hubert & Drobetz, Wolfgang, 2011. "Portfolio insurance and prospect theory investors: Popularity and optimal design of capital protected financial products," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1683-1697, July.
- repec:bbz:fcpbbr:v:9:y:2012:i:2:p:109-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zieling, Daniel & Mahayni, Antje & Balder, Sven, 2014. "Performance evaluation of optimized portfolio insurance strategies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 212-225.
More about this item
KeywordsValue-at-risk Portfolio insurance CPPI;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:18:y:2009:i:4:p:185-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.