Study on the dynamic and thermal performances of a reversibly used cooling tower with upward spraying
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stabat, Pascal & Marchio, Dominique, 2004. "Simplified model for indirect-contact evaporative cooling-tower behaviour," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(4), pages 433-451, August.
- Lemouari, M. & Boumaza, M. & Kaabi, A., 2011. "Experimental investigation of the hydraulic characteristics of a counter flow wet cooling tower," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5815-5823.
- Ohkura, Masashi & Yokoyama, Ryohei & Nakamata, Takuya & Wakui, Tetsuya, 2015. "Numerical analysis on performance enhancement of a CO2 heat pump water heating system by extracting tepid water," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 435-447.
- Goudarzi, Mohammad Ali, 2013. "Proposing a new technique to enhance thermal performance and reduce structural design wind loads for natural drought cooling towers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 164-172.
- Ibrahim, Oussama & Fardoun, Farouk & Younes, Rafic & Louahlia-Gualous, Hasna, 2014. "Air source heat pump water heater: Dynamic modeling, optimal energy management and mini-tubes condensers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1102-1116.
- Zhang, Chun-Lu & Yuan, Han, 2014. "An important feature of air heat pump cycle: Heating capacity in line with heating load," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 405-413.
- Al-Bassam, E. & Maheshwari, G.P., 2011. "A new scheme for cooling tower water conservation in arid-zone countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 3985-3991.
- Khamis Mansour, M. & Hassab, M.A., 2014. "Innovative correlation for calculating thermal performance of counterflow wet-cooling tower," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 855-862.
- Hakkaki-Fard, Ali & Eslami-Nejad, Parham & Aidoun, Zine & Ouzzane, Mohamed, 2015. "A techno-economic comparison of a direct expansion ground-source and an air-source heat pump system in Canadian cold climates," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 49-59.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- She, Xiaohui & Cong, Lin & Nie, Binjian & Leng, Guanghui & Peng, Hao & Chen, Yi & Zhang, Xiaosong & Wen, Tao & Yang, Hongxing & Luo, Yimo, 2018. "Energy-efficient and -economic technologies for air conditioning with vapor compression refrigeration: A comprehensive review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 232(C), pages 157-186.
- Yifei Lv & Jun Lu & Yongcai Li & Ling Xie & Lulu Yang & Linlin Yuan, 2020. "Comparative Study of the Heat and Mass Transfer Characteristics between Counter-Flow and Cross-Flow Heat Source Towers," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-29, May.
- Men, Yiyu & Liu, Xiaohua & Zhang, Tao, 2020. "Analytical solutions of heat and mass transfer process in combined gas-water heat exchanger applied for waste heat recovery," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 206(C).
- Cui, Haijiao & Li, Nianping & Peng, Jinqing & Yin, Rongxin & Li, Jingming & Wu, Zhibin, 2018. "Investigation on the thermal performance of a novel spray tower with upward spraying and downward gas flow," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 12-21.
- Qingqing Liu & Nianping Li & Yongga A & Jiaojiao Duan & Wenyun Yan, 2021. "The Evaluation of the Corrosion Rates of Alloys Applied to the Heating Tower Heat Pump (HTHP) by Machine Learning," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(7), pages 1-13, April.
- Cui, Haijiao & Li, Nianping & Wang, Xinlei & Peng, Jinqing & Li, Yuan & Wu, Zhibin, 2017. "Optimization of reversibly used cooling tower with downward spraying," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 30-43.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Borge-Diez, David & Colmenar-Santos, Antonio & Pérez-Molina, Clara & López-Rey, África, 2015. "Geothermal source heat pumps under energy services companies finance scheme to increase energy efficiency and production in stockbreeding facilities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 821-836.
- Ahn, Jae Hwan & Lee, Joo Seong & Baek, Changhyun & Kim, Yongchan, 2016. "Performance improvement of a dehumidifying heat pump using an additional waste heat source in electric vehicles with low occupancy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P1), pages 67-75.
- Sun, Jin & Feng, Xiao & Wang, Yufei & Deng, Chun & Chu, Khim Hoong, 2014. "Pump network optimization for a cooling water system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 506-512.
- Ma, Jiaze & Wang, Yufei & Feng, Xiao, 2017. "Energy recovery in cooling water system by hydro turbines," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 329-340.
- Wang, Weiliang & Zhang, Hai & Li, Zheng & Lv, Junfu & Ni, Weidou & Li, Yongsheng, 2016. "Adoption of enclosure and windbreaks to prevent the degradation of the cooling performance for a natural draft dry cooling tower under crosswind conditions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P2), pages 1360-1369.
- Zou, Deqiu & Ma, Xianfeng & Liu, Xiaoshi & Zheng, Pengjun & Cai, Baiming & Huang, Jianfeng & Guo, Jiangrong & Liu, Mo, 2017. "Experimental research of an air-source heat pump water heater using water-PCM for heat storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 206(C), pages 784-792.
- Ayoub, Ali & Gjorgiev, Blaže & Sansavini, Giovanni, 2018. "Cooling towers performance in a changing climate: Techno-economic modeling and design optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 1133-1143.
- Li, Yongcai & Li, Wuyan & Liu, Zongsheng & Lu, Jun & Zeng, Liyue & Yang, Lulu & Xie, Ling, 2017. "Theoretical and numerical study on performance of the air-source heat pump system in Tibet," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(PB), pages 489-501.
- Soheil Kavian & Mohsen Saffari Pour & Ali Hakkaki-Fard, 2019. "Optimized Design of the District Heating System by Considering the Techno-Economic Aspects and Future Weather Projection," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-30, May.
- Sheikholeslami, M. & Ganji, D.D., 2016. "Heat transfer enhancement in an air to water heat exchanger with discontinuous helical turbulators; experimental and numerical studies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 116(P1), pages 341-352.
- Gao, Jiajia & Li, Anbang & Xu, Xinhua & Gang, Wenjie & Yan, Tian, 2018. "Ground heat exchangers: Applications, technology integration and potentials for zero energy buildings," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 128(PA), pages 337-349.
- Shao, Suola & Zhang, Huan & You, Shijun & Zheng, Wandong & Jiang, Lingfei, 2019. "Thermal performance analysis of a new refrigerant-heated radiator coupled with air-source heat pump heating system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 247(C), pages 78-88.
- Xiufang Liu & Changhai Liu & Ze Zhang & Liang Chen & Yu Hou, 2017. "Experimental Study on the Performance of Water Source Trans-Critical CO 2 Heat Pump Water Heater," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-14, June.
- Xiaoqing Wei & Nianping Li & Jinqing Peng & Jianlin Cheng & Jinhua Hu & Meng Wang, 2017. "Modeling and Optimization of a CoolingTower-Assisted Heat Pump System," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-18, May.
- Lu, Yuanshen & Klimenko, Alexander & Russell, Hugh & Dai, Yuchen & Warner, John & Hooman, Kamel, 2018. "A conceptual study on air jet-induced swirling plume for performance improvement of natural draft cooling towers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 217(C), pages 496-508.
- Kavian, Soheil & Hakkaki-Fard, Ali & Jafari Mosleh, Hassan, 2020. "Energy performance and economic feasibility of hot spring-based district heating system – A case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C).
- Cai, Jingyong & Ji, Jie & Wang, Yunyun & Huang, Wenzhu, 2017. "Operation characteristics of a novel dual source multi-functional heat pump system under various working modes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 236-246.
- Ignacio López Paniagua & Ángel Jiménez Álvaro & Javier Rodríguez Martín & Celina González Fernández & Rafael Nieto Carlier, 2019. "Comparison of Transcritical CO 2 and Conventional Refrigerant Heat Pump Water Heaters for Domestic Applications," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-17, February.
- Zhang, Chun-Lu & Yuan, Han & Cao, Xiang, 2015. "New insight into regenerated air heat pump cycle," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 226-234.
- Zhang, Yang & Campana, Pietro Elia & Yang, Ying & Stridh, Bengt & Lundblad, Anders & Yan, Jinyue, 2018. "Energy flexibility from the consumer: Integrating local electricity and heat supplies in a building," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 223(C), pages 430-442.
More about this item
KeywordsReversibly used cooling towers; Upward spraying; Heat pumps; Droplet dynamics; Thermal performance; Heat and mass transfer;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:96:y:2016:i:c:p:268-277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.