An assessment of South African prepaid electricity experiment, lessons learned, and their policy implications for developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yueming Qiu & Bo Xing & Yi David Wang, 2017. "Prepaid Electricity Plan And Electricity Consumption Behavior," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(1), pages 125-142, January.
- Mwaura, Francis M., 2012. "Adopting electricity prepayment billing system to reduce non-technical energy losses in Uganda: Lesson from Rwanda," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 72-79.
- Morgan Bazilian & Patrick Nussbaumer & Hans-Holger Rogner & Abeeku Brew-Hammond & Vivien Foster & Shonali Pachauri & Eric Williams & Mark Howells & Philippe Niyongabo & Lawrence Musaba & Brian Ó Galla, 2011. "Energy Access Scenarios to 2030 for the Power Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2011.68, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jacome, Veronica & Ray, Isha, 2018. "The prepaid electric meter: Rights, relationships and reification in Unguja, Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 262-272.
- Bekker, Bernard & Eberhard, Anton & Gaunt, Trevor & Marquard, Andrew, 2008. "South Africa's rapid electrification programme: Policy, institutional, planning, financing and technical innovations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3115-3127, August.
- B. Kelsey Jack & Grant Smith, 2016. "Charging Ahead: Prepaid Electricity Metering in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 22895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berg, Sanford V & Mugisha, Silver, 2010. "Pro-poor water service strategies in developing countries: promoting justice in Uganda’s urban project," MPRA Paper 32888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajib Kanti DAS & Soman CHAKRABORTY, 2012. "Electricity Crisis And Load Management In Bangladesh," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 4(2), pages 54-67, June.
- Barry, Mamadou Saliou & Creti, Anna, 2020. "Pay-as-you-go contracts for electricity access: Bridging the “last mile” gap? A case study in Benin," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Mouton, Morgan, 2015. "The Philippine electricity sector reform and the urban question: How metro Manila's utility is tackling urban poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 225-234.
- Telles Esteves, Gheisa Roberta & Cyrino Oliveira, Fernando Luiz & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler & Souza, Reinaldo Castro, 2016. "An overview of electricity prepayment experiences and the Brazilian new regulatory framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 704-722.
- Arthur, Maria de Fatima S.R. & Zahran, Sammy & Bucini, Gabriela, 2010. "On the adoption of electricity as a domestic source by Mozambican households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7235-7249, November.
- Mamadou Saliou Barry & Anna Creti, 2020. "Pay-as-you-go contracts for electricity access: bridging the Â« last mile Â» gap? A case study in Benin," Working Papers 2006, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Idalina Baptista, 2015. "‘We Live on Estimates': Everyday Practices of Prepaid Electricity and the Urban Condition in Maputo, Mozambique," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 1004-1019, September.
- Williams, Nathaniel J. & Jaramillo, Paulina & Taneja, Jay & Ustun, Taha Selim, 2015. "Enabling private sector investment in microgrid-based rural electrification in developing countries: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1268-1281.
- Kambule, Njabulo & Yessoufou, Kowiyou & Nwulu, Nnamdi & Mbohwa, Charles, 2019. "Exploring the driving factors of prepaid electricity meter rejection in the largest township of South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 199-205.
- Cardona, M & Gallego, J & Garcia, J & Franco, J, 2020. "Prepaid electricity and in-home displays: an alternative for the most vulnerable households in Colombia," Documentos de trabajo - Alianza EFI 018990, Alianza EFI.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:31:y:2003:i:9:p:911-927. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.